Flowdock

Expand all | Collapse all

Critical IOS application bugs

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Critical IOS application bugs

Posted 01-06-2018 08:33 AM

Serious IOS app bugs are forcing us to look seriously into migrating our 100+ users onto another solution.

The most common complaints are:

1: The app freezes on opening (non-responsive) and only crashes after several minutes

2: Images do not show up and preview is not available

3: Links are often not clickable and thus not followable

4: The view scrolls unpredictably when posting a message making following a conversation while taking part in it impossible

I'd obviously like to avoid a costly migration, but we would need a way of estimating whether the IOS app is getting fixes and what are the timelines there. We have users on iPhones from 6 to current X and practically all of them are experiencing at least some of the issues above.

• 2.  Re: Critical IOS application bugs

• 3.  Re: Critical IOS application bugs

Posted 01-17-2018 02:39 PM

Hi all,

We recently deployed some fixes for some of these issues.  Please download/upgrade to the latest version of the app and let us know if you are still seeing issues.

Kind Regards,

Lori

• 4.  Re: Critical IOS application bugs

Posted 02-05-2018 10:30 AM

Same bug still exists, latest version of Flowdock iOS app still stuck to "Loading..." until the app crashes. When started again same thing happens again.

Still same bug, latest Flowdock iOS version and stuck again to "Loading..." until the app crashes

• 5.  Re: Critical IOS application bugs

Posted 02-21-2018 12:35 PM

Are you planning to fix this bug or should we just move to Slack? Currently again Flowdock in my iPhone is not opening but stuck to the endless loading loop until it crashes...

• 6.  Re: Critical IOS application bugs

Posted 02-21-2018 04:11 PM

Hi Timo-Pekka,

Thank you for trying the upgrade.  I am sorry you are still having problems logging in on your phone.  This is not expected behavior.  I have created a case for you so we can help you troubleshoot.  Please watch for an email soon.

Kind Regards,

Lori

• 7.  Re: Critical IOS application bugs

Posted 02-21-2018 04:13 PM

Hi All,

I am sorry this is still an issue, please know we have been working very hard on resolving this.  We are currently focused on implementing several architectural improvements that will allow us to provide a more reliable user experience while bringing our customers more of the features they’ve been asking for.

Please remember that this is not an issue if you use a browser. I know that is not ideal and the app provides a lot of convenience, but it is a good alternative until we see this completely resolved in the app.

Lori

• 8.  Re: Critical IOS application bugs
    Best Answer

Posted 09-26-2018 10:03 AM

Hi there,

Great news - version 4.1.2 of the Flowdock iOS app is out today and it addresses several of these issues! Get the update at Flowdock on the App Store.

What’s New

• Tap to add an emoji reaction to your flows. We’ve retained the 3D touch capability.
    • Context-sensitive assistive keyboard provides suggestions for quick actions such as @, @@, /

Bug Fixes

• A sharp uptick in crashes that no longer happen. Because we fixed a handful of them.
    • Links on both flows and 1-1 chats became unclickable. Now, they're clickable once more.
    • Composing a response that extends beyond the visible area? Don’t worry, now the long lines are visible in the same view, without the need to scroll up.
    • All the read notifications were not retained. This was frustrating, and will no longer happen.
    • An error message 'Could not connect to the server' would sometimes appear when Flowdock app returns from sleep mode or running in the background. Apologies for any frustration caused.
    • Searching for an individual, is now a markedly improved experience. Now, search the right people and stay better connected on both flows and 1-1 chats!
    • We have also fixed a few usability issues that were impacting some users.