Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Is there a way to set up automated password reset within One Automation?

Posted Sep 09, 2015 11:09 AM
    I am currently working on version 10.0.5. For users, can we set up automated password reset? So basically a way to have users see a prompt when their password expires so that they can set it up on their own.

• 2.  Is there a way to set up automated password reset within One Automation?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 09, 2015 03:38 PM
    Hi Apurva,
    I understand that you refer to the ONE Automation user password, correct? If so, yes, it's possible to set a pasword life span. Use the option PWD_AGE_MAX on the client variable UC_CLIENT_SETTINGS to define the number of days that a password would be valid. There are other PWD_* options to use in the client settings variable as maximun number of attempts, criteria for passwords, etc. Just check the UC_CLIENT_SETTINGS documentation.

• 3.  Is there a way to set up automated password reset within One Automation?

Posted Sep 15, 2015 11:20 PM
    Yes I was referring to that. That helps, thanks a ton Simone! :)

• 4.  Is there a way to set up automated password reset within One Automation?

Posted Sep 17, 2015 01:15 PM
    Hi Apurva,

So far, I've only changed oracle passwords through command line with ONE Automation. Very conventional.

• 5.  Is there a way to set up automated password reset within One Automation?

Posted Sep 17, 2015 01:33 PM
    Oh okay. Thanks for your response Simone!

• 6.  Is there a way to set up automated password reset within One Automation?

Posted Sep 17, 2015 03:51 PM
    But this is only my personal experience. For sure there are ways to change a system password through ONE Automation. Just keep inquirying our colleagues!  ;)

• 7.  Is there a way to set up automated password reset within One Automation?

Posted Sep 17, 2015 05:32 PM
    Yes I will!