Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Utter newbie - training videos?

Posted Mar 09, 2015 10:21 AM
    Hi All
    I recently had Automic Automation installed on my computer to start learning how to schedule SQL jobs and I have absolutely no idea what I am doing.  Eventually, my boss was going to show me how to start but she is super busy right now and I have some jobs Ive been running manually that I'd really like to schedule.  Are there any basic how to videos out there?  On youtube maybe (I couldn't find any when searching :( )

Thanks!
    Jess

• 2.  Utter newbie - training videos?

Posted Mar 09, 2015 10:42 AM
    Hi @JessM
    I remember how frustrating it was when I started using Automation Engine last year; I didn't know anything about it, and there's a lot I still need to learn. There are no training videos online (apart from a few basic ones that are in the "How To" section in this website. Fortunately, now there is online training that you can sign up for.

Take advantage of our special winter offer and start improving your ONE Automation skills today!

• 3.  Utter newbie - training videos?

Posted Mar 09, 2015 11:09 AM
    Thanks, unfortunately we don't have a training budget so I need to find free resources.  Right now all I need to figure out is how to schedule an SSIS package with Automic ONE

• 4.  Utter newbie - training videos?

Posted Mar 09, 2015 11:33 AM
    I do a lot of SSIS packages in UC4, but I use windows job instead of SQL job. I usually dump the SSIS package on the server that I will be pointing it to (make sure the server has a windows agent) then I put this under the "Process Tab" of the JOBS.   dtexec.exe /F "D:\folder\folder\filename.DTSX"
    Make sure the uc4 user (login) that you  are using has access to the server and folder that the package is located at.

I don't know if this helps. I've not yet used a SQL job to run SSIS packages.

• 5.  Utter newbie - training videos?

Posted Mar 19, 2015 11:13 AM
    Hi Jess,

There are a couple of videos on here that relate to setting up a database maintenance workflow.  While not directly related to your task, it could give you a good idea on how to navigate, create jobs, schedule, etc.  They are short 2-4 minute segments, so you can pick and choose.

That is all we really have at this point in time.  The eLearning is really a great starting spot if you can swing it.

While videos or eLearning would be the most help, putting up specific questions here on the Community when you hit them is a good third option.

• 6.  Utter newbie - training videos?

• 7.  Utter newbie - training videos?

Posted Mar 19, 2015 04:27 PM
    I found the user manual actually has quite a good guide for getting started, if you step through every section starting with "Getting Started." Here's the page for v10: http://docs.automic.com/documentation/AE/10.0.4/english/AE_WEBHELP/help.htm#uczajx.htm%3FTocPath%3DUser%2520Guide%7C_____0

If you have a different version, you can still navigate there from http://docs.automic.com.