Clarity

• 1.  Why is Hierarchy Tab Not Showing?

Posted Dec 12, 2017 02:52 PM

The Hierarchy tab is active, and all of the rights listed below have been assigned to the resource.  We have logged out and back in, cleared cache, etc.   Still, the Hierarchy tab does not appear on any projects or programs.  What am I missing?

Project - Edit Hierarchy All: Allows user to edit all hierarchy info for this object type.
    Project - Hierarchy - Financial Rollup - Add - All: Allows users to add investments to Financial Rollup Hierarchy for any investment.
    Project - Hierarchy - Financial Rollup - Edit - All: Allows users to edit the Financial Rollup Hierarchy for any investment.
    Project - Hierarchy - Financial Rollup - View - All: Allows user to view Financial Rollup for any investment of this type.
    Project - Hierarchy - Parents - Add - All: Allows users to add investments to Parents Hierarchy for any investment.
    Project - Hierarchy - Parents - Edit - All: Allows users to edit the Parents Hierarchy any investment.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Why is Hierarchy Tab Not Showing?

Posted Dec 12, 2017 04:36 PM

My next steps would be:

•   On Project, open the Manage Tabs icon and Restore Defaults

•   If no luck, move to the design of the project’s page under

•   Lookup under Admin\Portlet Pages

•   15.2, which we are on, allows one to deactivate project tabs – I do not recall how many versions back that this capability exists

•   On the Tabs tab, check to see if the Active box is unchecked for the Hierarchy Tab

•   If yes, check it, then Save

•   Regardless of being on 15.2 or some other version, hit Publish

•   If on a version that allows changing active status, publishing will cascade change to all users

•   If on earlier version where one can’t change active status, publishing may clear something else and allow the tab to appear

Though more rare, now, still run into instances of our Dashboard tab disappearing – restoring defaults or publishing always brings it back.

Hope this helps.

Dale

• 3.  Re: Why is Hierarchy Tab Not Showing?

Posted Dec 14, 2017 09:49 AM

Thanks, Dale, for your suggestions. We have gone through those steps with a CA engineer, and so far we still haven't been able to display it.  I'll update once we get resolution.  

Best regards,

Mark

• 4.  Re: Why is Hierarchy Tab Not Showing?

Posted Jan 18, 2018 04:48 PM

It turns out that the administrators had arranged to turn off the Hierarchy tab. It is now resolved.