Clarity

• 1.  Is there documentation : Auto Processes assigned to Ojbects

Posted Mar 09, 2018 05:26 PM

I am trying to build a process which will kick off automatically based on an Object event.  More specifically a subobject create event.  My main object is IDEA and my subobject is DIARY NOTE.  What I want to do is execute my process for each DiaryNote that is created for an IDEA that meets a further qualification (e.g., an idea element (custom) has a value assigned).  I realize that I may have to define the last part in the query run by the GEL Script and I am fine with that. 

What I am looking for here is guidance on where to find documentation that is comprehensive on creating Processes and how to link them to Ojbects; and the additional things that must take place and be set up to actually run them.  For example, I created a process and tried to run it, only to find that my Object needed to have additional set up items to be created which link the process to the object. I would also like to find documentation which will guide me in the expression language and what I can do there (e.g, it is not TSQL, it is not Java, etc).

Thank you for the help.

MT

• 2.  Re: Is there documentation : Auto Processes assigned to Ojbects

Posted Mar 10, 2018 08:52 AM

Process information is in the "administrating" area of the documents ; https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-3/en/administration/configure-processes 

The procedural language used with processes is Generic Execution Language (GEL) - there are a lot of discussions in this community around GEL (just search!), but the documents are here ; https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-3/en/reference/xml-open-gateway-xog-development/xog-gel-scripting/gel-basics 

• 3.  Re: Is there documentation : Auto Processes assigned to Ojbects

Posted Mar 12, 2018 05:47 PM

David,

Thank you for the two links.  They were both very helpful I have book marked them for future reference.  However, I am still looking for the expression language used.  And, hopefully, a dictionary for the expression language.

• 4.  Re: Is there documentation : Auto Processes assigned to Ojbects

Posted Mar 13, 2018 04:38 AM

Well as I said, there are many discussions on these boards about GEL, just search for them! 

But, I'll help you a little bit ; the FAQ thread here ; CA Clarity General Discussion - FAQs contains some links to the underlying (apache) documentation (which is not really that good) but also attached to that FAQ thread are a couple of CA documents with examples and explanations of GEL. The website linked here GelScripting.com  is also really neat in terms of writing GEL.

• 5.  Re: Is there documentation : Auto Processes assigned to Ojbects

Posted Mar 13, 2018 12:12 PM

Thank you David, you have been very helpful in my search for documentation.  As you have suggested, I will continue to refine my search terms to search and utilize this community to garner the information I need to be more successful in utilizing Clarity in general and Gel Scripting in particular.

• 6.  Re: Is there documentation : Auto Processes assigned to Ojbects

Posted Mar 15, 2018 06:37 AM

Thank you for the links.  very helpful , book marked them for future reference.