DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Re: Difference between metrics under Business Segment and under CEM agent

Posted Aug 14, 2017 11:27 AM

Hello Friends,

Can someone give to the community more information related to this behavior but with response per intervals?. For instance, if I record a Login transaction as this one only have one step, every response per interval that is show in CEM is always one response per interval in Busines Segment Login node too, but if I record a transaction that is compose of many steps, for instance a process to pay a service invoice, How TIM/CEM and Agent/Introscope process this information?.

I think the infomation about responses per intervals should not change between CEM and Business Segment, I want to know why I am observing that they are not equal.

Thanks,

Henry.

• 2.  Re: Difference between metrics under Business Segment and under CEM agent

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 14, 2017 11:33 AM

Dear Henry:

Thanks for the question. Can you please attach a screen shot of what you are seeing in Introscope? Would any peer APM Admins and CA Partners wish to weigh in first?

Thanks

Hal Germam

• 3.  Re: Difference between metrics under Business Segment and under CEM agent

Posted Aug 14, 2017 12:48 PM

Hello Hal,

Please take a look of the following images for the period of time between 2:00 AM and 2:59 AM of August 11 of 2017:

-01-

-02-

-03-

04-

I think the value of "Good Business Transactions" and "Responses Per Intervals" should be match. I also want to know if "Responses Per Intervals" shows the metrics that fail, for instance, if the column "Defective Business Transactions"  would had the value of 2, Business Segment should show 14 instead only 12.  Please clarify this to me, because I am not shure if "Defective Business Transactions" must be shown in "Errors Per Interval".

Thanks,

Henry.

• 4.  Re: Difference between metrics under Business Segment and under CEM agent

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 14, 2017 09:29 PM

Hi Henry,

There are 2 types of CEM/Introscope integration and for the "Problem resolution triage" type Business Segment data is only created by Introscope Triggered Transaction Traces when the CEM slow time defect threshold is breached:

Configure Introscope to Work with CEM - CA Application Performance Management - 10.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

So the Introscope data for Responses Per Interval (RPI) will not be a direct match to the CEM "Good Business Transactions" because not all Business transactions have been traced. From the 3 data points on your screenshots it looks like Introscope traces were triggered from CEM at some point due to some individual slow transactions but it would appear that did not result in any defective Business transaction

Similarly the "Defective Business Transactions" are based on the defect thresholds being exceeded in CEM and are not connected to "Errors Per Interval".

So in summary we are dealing with 2 different sets of data.

For the 2nd type of integration for "Customer experience metrics" (RTTM/BTstats), the CEM UI data and the metric data you see under "CEM Agent > Business Services" is all data that came from the TIM so you can use that for comparison purposes.

Hope that all makes sense & helps.

Regards,

Lynn

• 5.  Re: Difference between metrics under Business Segment and under CEM agent

Posted Aug 29, 2017 03:14 PM

Thanks a lot Lynn Williams, it was really useful your answer.

Henry.-