Clarity

• 1.  New Task

Posted Oct 30, 2017 01:12 PM

If I have an active project and I want to quickly add a task using PPM Gantt How do I set the duration of that task?

• 2.  Re: New Task

Posted Oct 30, 2017 01:33 PM

When you click New Task the dialog box has start and end dates.. Set the end date as you like.

When you have saved and returned to CA PPM Gantt write the duration you want in the duration field.

Drag the right edge of the task bar to the date that gives you desired duration.

• 3.  Re: New Task

Posted Oct 30, 2017 01:44 PM

Remember to save after you have made your changes.

• 4.  Re: New Task

Posted Oct 30, 2017 04:47 PM

What happens if I set the completion date to a Holiday or non-working day? Will the tool automatically skip over those days? Is the end date hard coded? I want to auto-schedule. i.e. if a predecessor slips I want this task to move as well.

• 5.  Re: New Task
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 31, 2017 03:13 AM

My understanding (without testing it now) is that when a non working day is entered as the start or finish day the software automatically set to the next working day.
    If you set duration only the working days will be taken into consideration.

• 6.  Re: New Task

Posted Oct 31, 2017 12:07 PM

Thank you. Related Question - Can I set default Calendars similar to the way I do in MSP? Also since I have project team members in several countries can I set regional calendars? ie if I am a French employee my Holidays are X.

• 7.  Re: New Task

Posted Oct 31, 2017 12:30 PM

Yes (if you are an admin), you can create a new calendar and assign the resources to that country specific calendar.

NJ

• 8.  Re: New Task

Posted Nov 04, 2017 07:56 AM

Another autosaved, but unposted reply from Oct 31.

In the recent versions there are no longer project specific calendars. All projects follow the Base calendar.

Resources can be associated with custom calendars. As Navz Joshi points out with administrative rights you can create custom calendars.