DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  HOW TO MONITOR AVAILABILITY OF ISP LINKS

Posted Feb 09, 2018 07:46 AM

Hello All, 

Please I am running on ca uim 8.5.1 and spectrum 10.2.1. I'm looking to monitor ISP availability link, but having challenges on how to go about this.

Hope to get some assistance here.

• 2.  Re: HOW TO MONITOR AVAILABILITY OF ISP LINKS

Posted Feb 09, 2018 07:58 AM

This is a large question. This is a Spectrum task. Did you model devices supporting those ISP links?

• 3.  Re: HOW TO MONITOR AVAILABILITY OF ISP LINKS

Posted Feb 09, 2018 08:27 AM

Not sure I get what you mean by devices supporting the ISP link.

But I have discovered and model the core routers were the ISP link is terminated 

• 4.  Re: HOW TO MONITOR AVAILABILITY OF ISP LINKS

Posted Feb 09, 2018 08:28 AM

You could, ask your ISP to configure an IP SLA test on the CPE, and monitor that test with Spectrum or UIM, in that way you can garantee the failure of the link without the argue that is a problem in your infrastructure.

• 5.  Re: HOW TO MONITOR AVAILABILITY OF ISP LINKS

Posted Feb 09, 2018 11:52 AM

This can be done with CA Spectrum ,Whether you want monitor BGP links which is connected with edge routers 

• 6.  RE: Re: HOW TO MONITOR AVAILABILITY OF ISP LINKS

Posted Feb 10, 2020 10:58 AM
    Hi Issac08,

so you mean we can do that ​monitor BGP links between remote sites in CA Spectrum, without ISP's involving with IP SLA test on the CPE on ISP side?

Thanks!

Tao

• 7.  RE: Re: HOW TO MONITOR AVAILABILITY OF ISP LINKS
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 10, 2020 03:42 PM
    Seems like something more applicable to Spectrum and so it is more likely to get meaningful help in that forum. 
    https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/communityhomeblogs?CommunityKey=671164c3-e575-4b08-96ab-edc2e1ceed13

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------