Symantec Access Management

• 1.  How to retrieve the target after WebAgent-OnReject-Redirect

Posted Nov 28, 2017 08:42 AM

HI,

I'm trying to configure a global response for fail authentication : WebAgent-OnReject-Redirect /loginApp/public/login?err=01

In my login page, the submit post to login.fcc and include the hidden field "target" from what the user was trying to access (Exemple : .../myTargetApp/Default.html)

If it is a wrong account or pwd, it is redirected to /loginApp/public/login?err=01.

How can we retrive the target? I know the target could be retrieve from the referer but we don't like that solution.

Is there a way to include the target in the querystring in that rule? : WebAgent-OnReject-Redirect /loginApp/public/login?err=01

What are the best practices?

Thanks

• 2.  Re: How to retrieve the target after WebAgent-OnReject-Redirect

• 3.  Re: How to retrieve the target after WebAgent-OnReject-Redirect

Posted Nov 28, 2017 12:43 PM

Thanks for the quick anwser...

From what I see it only works on 12.7 and I'm on R12.52 SP1 CR04 and working in application mode (not domain)

• 4.  Re: How to retrieve the target after WebAgent-OnReject-Redirect
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 28, 2017 01:38 PM

My thoughts!

Ideally, It is supposed to work in R12.52 SP1 CR04, but is broken in CR04. If upgrading is not imminent in near future, then raise a CA Support Case and request a fix for this in CR04 version. We should be able to provide a DEV FIX in CR04 version.

I do not have an open WAMUI right now, but as far as the Application Model is concerned, if Variable Response is seen within Responses, it should work after the fix is applied. The fall back is to use part Application and part Policy Domain for the login process (the Agent Group maps to Components in Applications and Realms in Policy Domain).

Regards

Hubert