Symantec Privileged Access Management

• 1.  I would like to know the statistics of use for the agents that PAM installs

Posted Nov 27, 2017 07:59 AM
    Hello CA community  I would like to know the statistics of use for the agents that PAM installs, agents for Jump
    server, Windows Proxy, the agent of PAM Server Control, response times when app to app queries
    the vault to obtain the password. Some of you know this data or how to generate it.  thanks

• 2.  Re: I would like to know the statistics of use for the agents that PAM installs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 27, 2017 12:48 PM

Julian,

Your question is not well defined and needs to be more specific. Please let us know the motivation for asking these questions.

In a general sense, statistics vary from cutomer to customer, which CAPAM installation version, network throughput and latency, remote or local users and servers, size of databases and how many target servers installed, and a host of other varients that might affect CAPAM production at each and every install site for every customer who installs it.  On the password side of CAPAM, there are some reports that might be able to be configured to give you certain answers, just maybe not as specific as you might want.

Regards,

Anthony

• 3.  Re: I would like to know the statistics of use for the agents that PAM installs

Posted Nov 27, 2017 01:50 PM

Hi Anthony

You are right, the question may be wrong interimpermitted. I wanted to refer to the consumption of cpu, RAM generated by the different agents of PAM 3.0.2 as well as PAM SC 14.

The question is motivated by the client because based on this data the client has to define the endpoints to be managed

I appreciate if anyone has knowledge of this data

Thanks,  

Julian

• 4.  Re: I would like to know the statistics of use for the agents that PAM installs
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 27, 2017 02:23 PM

Julian,

For an answer to your questions, I do not have any recent testing, but the latest hardware device was tested when it was first produced (as well as the VMs and AMIs) and I have some information that was released to customers for a similar question.

“Guidance from Product Management for concurrent sessions is 200 users each with 10 sessions per PAM node (IE 2-node cluster is 400 users with 10 concurrent sessions each). This guidance is neither CPU nor connection type (RDP, SSH, telnet, VNC, web) specific for the concurrent sessions per node and therefore applies to 304L  hardware or virtual OVF/AMI CA PAM formats. The guidance assumes there are no resource constraints on the originating workstation or destination servers. The guidance does not take into account any additional load on the CA PAM appliance such as scheduled jobs and post processing operations.”

Please pay particular attention to available resources on user desktops and network traffic, and for configured jobs including LDAP refreshs which could cause a resource drain depending on the size of your database.

I hope this helps!

Anthony