DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Clear Alarm

Posted Sep 11, 2017 01:08 AM

Hi,

I am not able to see the clear alarm in my CA UIM dashboard.  If a alarm get cleared then both the critical,Major and clear alarms gets disappeared from my dashboard. How can i see the history of the alarms. currently History can be seen only for the alarms that are available in the dashboard.

• 2.  Re: Clear Alarm

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 11, 2017 08:41 AM

I do believe there is a way to see historical alarms in a dashboard at this time.

You can go to USM and view historical alarms there.

You might create a sql widget for historical alarms to pull from nas_transaction_summary as an alternative.

hope this helps

• 3.  Re: Clear Alarm

Posted Sep 13, 2017 03:54 AM

Hi Gene,

I checked both the options, I could find all the alarms except Clear alarm.

Can you help me to trace the same.

Regards

ALN

• 4.  Re: Clear Alarm

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 13, 2017 01:35 PM

Clear alarms do not show up as line items.

Go to the detail view and add the acknowledged fields

you will see the acknowledged user as system when a clear alarm close the alarm.

• 5.  Re: Clear Alarm

Posted Sep 12, 2017 10:59 AM

You could create a Jasperreport via iReport and load this into CABI or UR.  Via the portlet "webcontent" you can than execute this report on the fly and see directly the result.

So you could prepare several reports with the most common queries in it so that it becomes easy/quick to get a report from older alarms with your filters in it.