Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Cannot retrieve a C3P0 DataSource:

Posted Apr 12, 2018 05:20 PM

We are running CA API Gateway v9.2.  I have a 2 cluster node setup with replication setup between them.

Node 1 is receiving "Perform JDBC Query" assertion failed due to: Cannot retrieve a C3P0 DataSource: no connections available for 'OAuth' (JDBC Connection Name).

Node is receiving "Perform JDBC Query" assertion failed due to: Cannot retrieve a C3P0 DataSource: Name OAuth is not bound in this Context.

These are happening when services are calling into the OAuth2 policy fragments as well as within the schedule maintainence jobs that run every few minutes.

Our Database is an external Oracle DB.  We have 3 levels in test stood up.  Our first level is working with the JDBC connection without issue.  We started noticing this on our level 3 and level 4 test levels.  The JDBC connection Test comes back successful in all cases.

What am I missing?

• 2.  Re: Cannot retrieve a C3P0 DataSource:
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 12, 2018 07:16 PM

Hello,

there is a issue with Oracle that will cause connection instability.

Follow these steps to configure your jdbc connection 

JDBC Connection Failures

• 3.  Re: Cannot retrieve a C3P0 DataSource:

Posted Apr 13, 2018 04:38 PM

I have instituted the changes from the link provided...I have restarted both of the Gateway Appliances.

I am still seeing the exact same error as before on Node 2.  I am not seeing any issues on Node 1 at this time.

Additional thoughts?

• 4.  Re: Cannot retrieve a C3P0 DataSource:

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2018 10:14 PM

if you can get the log from oracle side, it may give some clues on why the connection rejected.

I would guess the max connection limit is reached, note that the pool setting is per node, the total connections to oracle is the sum of all pool size.