Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Adding a gateway to existing instance to form a cluster

Posted Mar 17, 2018 02:48 AM

HI ,

Currently we have only two instances of CA gateway.One instance we need  for development.Is it a good practice where the entire code has been developed in one instance.And once development is completed.We add other instance to current running instance where development is done and make a cluster and use it for production.Will there be any issues if we go by this.Because as of my knowledge there will be difference between properties of standalone gateway and cluster gateway.So converting current instance where the development is done into a cluster is good idea. Database is RDS and instances to be hosted in AWS.

• 2.  Re: Adding a gateway to existing instance to form a cluster

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 19, 2018 05:37 PM

Good afternoon,

The scenario of adding a new member to the cluster when RDS is used is straight forward and stand practice for expanding the cluster. The area I have of concern is converting a development cluster to production. We have seen the setup in development normally don't conform to best practices with policy and audit configuration which can cause performance impact. Also what is the plan for future development and testing scenarios. I would recommend standing up 2 new nodes to form a production cluster then using GMU to promote service/policies between development and production.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes
    Broadcom Support