Rally Software

• 1.  Search every field

Posted Sep 15, 2017 10:46 AM

We have a custom field for original ID (we migrated workspaces) and when trying to search it wasn't searching all the fields.  I was told how to search all fields like putting an apostrophe in front of the term/number, or something.  Anyone have any idea what the search convention is?  Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Search every field
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 15, 2017 01:58 PM

Hello Kathy, 

Below is an excerpt from the Search documentation: 

Use + or AND operators to require matching keywordsThe + (required) operator requires that the term after the + symbol exists within a search field. To search for results that must contain apple and may contain green, use the query +apple green. To require both keywords, use+apple +green, or apple AND green.

For more details, please refer the link below: 

Search Work Items | CA Agile Central Help  

Thank you,

Ruchika

• 3.  Re: Search every field

Posted Sep 15, 2017 03:53 PM

Hi Ruchika!  Thank you for sharing this.  I somehow managed to miss this functionality.  It feels like a new world.  One thing though,

I tested out what was found on the Search Work Items link but couldn't get one section to work as it suggests.

Search supports keyword searches that are limited to specific work item fields. For example:

Name:apple AND Description:green

Name:"green apple"

Tag:free OR Tag:gratis

Thanks again,

Michael

• 4.  Re: Search every field

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 15, 2017 05:07 PM

Thanks, Michael for sharing! 

• 5.  Re: Search every field

Posted Sep 18, 2017 04:37 AM

Michael,

There have been some updates to the Search function.  I will check in with our User Learning Team and Engineering to ensure the Help Documentation reflects what can be accomplished.

Michael

• 6.  Re: Search every field

Posted Sep 19, 2017 07:07 AM

michael.addington

I will open a case and file a Defect for this not working as explained in the Help.

Regards,

Michael

• 7.  Re: Search every field

Posted Sep 19, 2017 11:48 AM

Thank you!

• 8.  Re: Search every field

Posted Oct 04, 2017 09:34 AM

The Defect that was filed for this post has been addressed and the search now works as explained in the Help documents.

Michael