Symantec Privileged Access Management

• 1.  CABI 6.2 Install

Posted Feb 16, 2018 12:38 PM

Hi I install CABI 6.2 on Windows 2012 R2 Box using SQL Server. I have dbcreator to the user and my box can connect to the SQL server via MS Studio. I get the below error while install

D:\Build\RS\ca_install>install.bat -r D:\Build\sample_Sql.properties -l D:\Build
    \RS_log
    Buildfile: D:\Build\RS\ca_install\build.xml

preinstallcheck:
         [echo] Installation Component is:
         [java] Initializing the Pre-Install Validation LOG file in ValidateAppServe
    r Java
         [java] ERROR: Invalid LOG file
         [java] Java Result: 16003
         [java] Initializing the Pre-Install Validation LOG file in ValidateDbServer
     Java
         [java] ERROR: Invalid LOG file
         [java] Java Result: 16003

BUILD FAILED
    D:\Build\RS\ca_install\build.xml:130: Preinstall check failed

Log does not give information on what I need to fix to move ahead. Looks like it is not happy with my java and tomcat. I unistalled and installed several times. I cannot go past this.

Attaching the log and my property files

Attachment(s)

zip
    RS_log.txt.zip   648 B 1 version
    zip
    sample_Sql.properties.zip   1 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: CABI 6.2 Install

Posted Feb 21, 2018 09:07 AM

Hi Seema,

When you specify a log file name in the -l parameter of the command: install.bat -r D:\Build\sample_Sql.properties -l D:\Build
    \RS_log

This log file name has to have a unique name for each run and include a suffix (e.g. RS_log.log).

If the file already exists, you will get a pre validation error and won't be able to proceed.

One other thing that would probably cause a pre validation issue: the db use must be db owner, and nothing less for the install.

For any further questions please open a Support case.

Thanks,

Einav

• 3.  Re: CABI 6.2 Install
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 23, 2018 08:49 AM

A support case was opened for this error last week. Seema was able to resolve the issue by removing the prerequisites and installing them again before running the Jasper installation again. The current thought is that Java did not properly install the first time.