Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

15.4 and cost plans- cannot submit for approval?

• 1.  15.4 and cost plans- cannot submit for approval?

Posted Apr 03, 2018 03:02 PM

Hi,

I am glad to see editable cost plans in 15.4, including the ability to create new ones.
    however, I don't see anywhere that you can submit it for approval?

I realize budgets and benefits are not part of 15.4, but what is the purpose of creating a cost plan if you cannot submit it?

This drives down the value add of the new UX, if this is the case, as that is a loss of functionality from the classic.

PM would do all the cost plans but then has to go to classic to submit for approval? That completely disrupts the flow of creating cost plans.

Am I missing something? (I hope I am wrong:)  )

However, If this is correct, CA, when will the submit for approval option be included? This is just for the submit for approval option.

Thanks!

Lynn

• 2.  Re: 15.4 and cost plans- cannot submit for approval?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 03, 2018 08:00 PM

Hi Lynn,

Yes, Submit for Approval is not yet included in the New UX and as you said, this will have to be done from Classic UI. 

I have brought this up with the Product Management to see if we have scoped this feature in any of the upcoming release and if we can try and squeeze in this functionality... 

I will post it here once I get an update.. 

Thanks,

Jerin

• 3.  Re: 15.4 and cost plans- cannot submit for approval?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 03, 2018 08:08 PM

Adding to the above reply- I would request you to please log an idea in our new ideation site for this functionality. Product management will be looking to see how many customers are interested in this functionality based on the number of votes we get for this idea...

If you have access issue to the new ideation site, you might want to check with your CA account manager. 

Thanks,

Jerin

• 4.  Re: 15.4 and cost plans- cannot submit for approval?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 03, 2018 09:57 PM

Check this for details about the new ideation site

New Customer Innovation Process for Clarity PPM 

• 5.  Re: 15.4 and cost plans- cannot submit for approval?

Posted Apr 03, 2018 10:03 PM

Thank you. I already know all about the process. I have been part of it since the beginning.

The problem is that it can take months for any idea to progress, and this is a design flaw/ a big miss on the new UX part.

I will address it with product management through the process, as we have been told often they can address the big design misses directly without waiting on the formal process.

Sadly, this will be a showstopper from our group once again not choosing to use the new UX. Project mangers must create and submit cost plans monthly and if they have to go to two different places, they will reject the usage of it.  Keep in mind the navigation between classic and new is still clunky ( and we cannot ask our  PMs to create links at the project level when they are managing 20 + projects).  This would cause them to be quite inefficient,  despite the vast improvements in the cost plans for 15.4

• 6.  Re: 15.4 and cost plans- cannot submit for approval?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 08, 2018 07:47 PM

Hi Lynn,

I have heard back from product management and they are well aware of this requirement. At this point we are planning to scope this in the upcoming major release but yet to be confirmed. 

Thanks,

Jerin

• 7.  Re: 15.4 and cost plans- cannot submit for approval?

Posted Apr 09, 2018 08:00 AM

Thank you for the update. It would be ideal if this could be in a patch (the 3 month cycle not 6+ month cycle), but I understand not everything can be. We will be going live on 15.4, and I know this will be yet another showstopper for our PMs to use the new UX. They are heavy cost plan users.

• The other ones are the fact that the static dependent lookups are still not supported and there is no workaround, and the clumsy navigation between new and classic (we have a lot of subpages/subobjects that our users access daily). I was told links would help, but we have yet to see how that can be dynamic.
    • I feel we will never get to the new UX, but honestly what is worse is that our leadership will continue to hear these roadblocks/gaps and will begin to question if this is the right application for us (after almost 14 years!!!) as our users want that modern look and ease of use. And like everyone else, they want it now 

• 8.  Re: 15.4 and cost plans- cannot submit for approval?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 10, 2018 01:38 AM

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for the feedback. I will take this up with the Product Management. 

Thanks,

Jerin   

• 9.  Re: 15.4 and cost plans- cannot submit for approval?

Posted Apr 10, 2018 09:52 AM

Hello Lynn,

Good to know that you are going live on CA PPM v15.4. 

I understand the point and as you know that in Agile world we enhance the features / functionality in every release. 

Financial plans enhancement is definitely high priority item in product roadmap. We are targeting to provide more functionality in this area for better user experience.

Thank You!!

Namita Mishra

• 10.  Re: 15.4 and cost plans- cannot submit for approval?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 11, 2018 12:03 PM

Hi Lynn,

You are not missing anything.  Submitting cost plans for approval and budgeting is a high priority for a future release and on our product roadmap.  We see the value in adding these features into the new user experience and will continue to add more functionality to the financial module.

Thank You.

Linda Chase

Sr Product Management

• 11.  Re: 15.4 and cost plans- cannot submit for approval?

Posted Apr 11, 2018 12:33 PM

Please, supply this in 15.5 and as a 15.4 patch.  Would be best if available at 15.2 patch, as that is where we will be for a while, though I understand that is probably not likely.

Kind regards, Dale

• 12.  Re: 15.4 and cost plans- cannot submit for approval?

Posted Apr 11, 2018 12:14 PM

I look froward to seeing it working in a new release.