Layer7 API Management

• 1.  how to install  and configure OTK Automatically , is there any way ?

Posted Apr 11, 2018 09:28 AM

hi All,

how to install and configure Otk automatically using any service or scripts .

• 2.  Re: how to install  and configure OTK Automatically , is there any way ?
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 11, 2018 12:42 PM

Hi!

OTKs solution kits can be installed on the command line. However, that does not mean that everything can be configured that way. Unfortunately. But you could still try that to see how far you can get.

I personally have now looked into using docker images with OTK. This is the idea:

- you install OTK manually as today and configure it

- you export all policies a bundles using RESTMan

- you build a new docker based gateway image that includes exported bundles

- OTK is now completely configured when you run the new container

Please have a look at Victor Kazakovs blog posts around that (https://communities.ca.com/blogs/gateway). If there is enough interest I could write a post on my 'OTK in docker' story.

I know this is probably not the answer that you were looking for but maybe it still helps.

• 3.  Re: how to install  and configure OTK Automatically , is there any way ?

Posted Apr 12, 2018 12:45 AM

Hi preib,

Could you elaborate more about automate the process of OTK installation and

configuration with docker .

On Wed, 11 Apr 2018, 22:13 saspr02, <communityadmin@communities-mail.ca.com>

• 4.  Re: how to install  and configure OTK Automatically , is there any way ?

Posted Apr 12, 2018 02:32 PM

Yes, I am happy to do that.

I will turn it into a blog post in the next few days. I hope that works for you. You will find it here:

https://communities.ca.com/blogs/oauth

• 5.  Re: how to install  and configure OTK Automatically , is there any way ?

Posted Jul 05, 2018 03:14 PM

Hi!

It is a long time but I have an update. As an example, on how to configure OTK 'automagically', please check my tutorial on OTK + IFTTT:

Tutorials/ca-apim-otk-and-ifttt at upgrade/otk43 · CAAPIM/Tutorials · GitHub 

There is also a short blog post on it:

OAuth Toolkit (OTK) and IFTTT - Tutorial 

The tutorial on GitHub contains a customized OTK for that tutorial. The container starts up and is ready to go. No need for modifications. The 'magic' piece is to have policy bundles that are loaded on boot up.

I hope this helps!