Flowdock

Expand all | Collapse all

Windows 10/Flowdock app is experiencing terrible performance issues

• 1.  Windows 10/Flowdock app is experiencing terrible performance issues

Posted 04-20-2017 10:18 AM

Been using Flowdock for a couple years now, currently running v1.0.2 of the Windows app.  I'm on a new Dell laptop running Windows 10 Enterprise, running a 64-bit processor w/16 GB memory.  Starting a week or two ago, I began experiencing terrible performance issues, all associated with Flowdock.  At first, things are just fine... but then system resources begin to bog down... so much so that it takes 10-30 seconds for a click on the Flowdock app for it to respond.  Clicking in the input box and typing... the characters would eventually show up.  Other apps on the system seem to work fine, though after a while, the entire system would slow.  Checking the resources, Flowdock is rapidly using significant amounts of memory and CPU; killing the app would restore the performance of the overall system.

I've tried rebooting, closing and re-opening Flowdock, and several other things... all to no avail.  Is there a newer version of the app which is better suited for Windows 10?  Have there been changes made somewhere which would account for this?  I'm just about to ditch the app and only run Flowdock via the web interface... it is just that bad.

Please advise...

• 2.  Re: Windows 10/Flowdock app is experiencing terrible performance issues

Posted 04-21-2017 05:35 PM

Hi Randy,

I am sorry you are having issues with the Flowdock app on Windows 10.  I have opened a case for this issue so we can get further detail.  Please watch for an email from me shortly.

Kind Regards,

Lori

• 3.  Re: Windows 10/Flowdock app is experiencing terrible performance issues

Posted 09-15-2018 02:06 AM

What was the outcome of the case?  Nothing noted here.  I too am having this issue constantly with the desktop version.  My setup is near identical to OP's and also running v1.0.2.  I see others also have this issue, how was this resolved/worked on?

• 4.  Re: Windows 10/Flowdock app is experiencing terrible performance issues

Posted 01-04-2018 06:39 AM

Adittionally, I am using desktop version on Windows 10 and notifications are not showing up. Could you please advise?

• 5.  Re: Windows 10/Flowdock app is experiencing terrible performance issues

Posted 01-04-2018 12:04 PM

HI Cleverson,

Here is a link to our help page about notifications.  It has information about the expected behavior of our notifications as well as information about how to adjust what you are getting notifications for.   Help | Notifications 

Please use the above for troubleshooting and let us know if you continue to see issues.

Thank you!

Lori

• 6.  Re: Windows 10/Flowdock app is experiencing terrible performance issues

Posted 01-04-2018 12:29 PM

Sorry but this is quite obvious. This support link (help notifications) was the first place I searched for. After more than 10 different computers and different environments it is not working at all using windows 10. Thus, Could you please help us on it? Visual notifications are a major feature to us as we don´t have headphones or other sound devices in our organization.

Thank you.

• 7.  Re: Windows 10/Flowdock app is experiencing terrible performance issues

Posted 01-04-2018 03:47 PM

Hi Cleverson,

I have opened a case so we can troubleshoot this further with you.  Please watch for an email with the case detail.

Thank you!

Lori

• 8.  Re: Windows 10/Flowdock app is experiencing terrible performance issues

Posted 05-22-2018 08:57 AM

My case is similar to the OP: 32gb RAM, fast SSD with Windows 7 Pro. Typing replies takes an eternity.. there's always a huge lag when typing. I've used the web client with no issues, but having the desktop app icon color differently when receiving 1:1's is very useful since I don't have speakers or headphones hooked up. The OP is marked as assumed answered... any lead as to figuring out why this is happening? Should I create a new post instead?

Pedro M.

RCN Capital