Service Virtualization

• 1.  Need to generate dynamic JSON response

Posted Feb 21, 2018 07:25 PM

I am creating a VS which saves an array of values in a filter and then asynchronously it needs to send a dynamic response. Example: filter_orderItem_id : ["ON0001","ON0002,"ON0003","ON0004"]

I need to insert the values into 4 new rows along with timestamp Later on, a test case will fetch all the records based on time-stamp and send individual responses as below:

{

"event": "statusNotification",

"OrderId": "ON0001",

"Timestamp": "20-02-2018"

}

{ "event": "statusNotification",

"OrderId": "ON0002",

"Timestamp": "20-02-2018"

}

• 2.  Re: Need to generate dynamic JSON response
    Best Answer

Posted May 02, 2018 07:32 AM

I have done this thing for SOAP where XML can be dynamically formed easily using properties and other supported steps like response lookup, Parse Text as response . I am not sure but we can convert response from JSON to XML or vice-Versa and then play around to make changes . Once you have your array values (Property)  embedded you can convert the same into JSON and save it in DB with Timestamp. 

For sending Responses : You can create a test case that will pick up responses from DB according to timestamp or you can have a delay/Wait time column as well in same table using which responses can be sent setting different wait time