Issue: One service is consuming a lot of CPU and gateway is facing issue because of this or Some clients are sending heavy message payload size or with more frequency/message. Can you please help in counter this type of issues. How to shape my traffic by considering the above scenario and what steps i need to take to overcome all this. Or is anyway to design the policy/service to counter "n" number services.
I would say you probably need to look at a few things:
- Heavy use of auditing within that policy
- How big of a file is the gateway consuming?
o What are you expecting the gateway to do with this big file?
- Memory and CPU allocation
o What does that look like?
o Do you have the right allotment for your needs?
- Tuning the gateway to handle these requests
o Have you fine-tuned the gateway for processing larger files?
- How many gateways are in a cluster ?
- Whats the expected throughout?
- Whats the size of the biggest files that you want the gateway to process?
When your building out the gateway, you do need to take into considerations these topics and a few others that I haven’t listed.
Please let us know.
Principal Consultant, CA API Management Presales
Email = Derek.Orr@ca.com<mailto:Derek.Orr@ca.com>
CA API Management Community: https://communities.ca.com/community/ca-api-management-community
For large size message, the following KB should help,
API gateway: Optimizing for Large Files and Messages Knowledge Base Articles