DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Monitor multiple IPs on single device

Posted Mar 01, 2018 05:37 AM

Hi fellows,

We face a situation where we need to monitor one server with multiple NICs, hence with multiple IPs. The net_connect probe lets you create one profile with one IP but you can't duplicate the profile name to add the rest of the IPs.

We raised the ticket 00953507 and the support suggestion was to use net_traffic probe but it isn't the same.

Any suggestion or idea?

Thanks a lot !!!

• 2.  Re: Monitor multiple IPs on single device

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 01, 2018 04:29 PM

what kind of data you would like to monitor? would the interface_traffic help here?

otherwise the snmpcollector can be an interesting option to consider

• 3.  Re: Monitor multiple IPs on single device

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 01, 2018 05:55 PM

What about including the interface name as part of the profile name?  For example on a Linux system hostname_eth0, hostname_eth1, etc.

• 4.  Re: Monitor multiple IPs on single device

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 01, 2018 08:52 PM

what is your need ?

port availability ?

port accessibility ?

• 5.  Re: Monitor multiple IPs on single device

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 06, 2018 09:51 AM

Hello Leonardo, can you please reply on this thread ? Is this answered for you or do you have further questions ?

Kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

CA Support

• 6.  Re: Monitor multiple IPs on single device

Posted Mar 06, 2018 10:23 AM

Thanks buddies for the answers. I think that the most suitable solution is to create different profiles. I wonder if all of them will be correlated into one single Host or if I'll have as much elements as profiles.

• 7.  Re: Monitor multiple IPs on single device

Posted Mar 07, 2018 06:50 PM

In the net_connect probe, create your first profile with the desired Hostname and save it, then rename the profile to include the interface name. Then create your second profile with the same Hostname and save it, and rename its profile name to include the interface name. That way you will have unique profile names, and the alarm will have the correct hostname and will helpfully include the interface name in the message.

Ken.