Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Consuming SOAP web service in CA API Gateway

Posted Oct 24, 2017 09:30 AM

Hi

I am trying to consume a SOAP web service (external end point) via CA API Gateway. Is there any example (some assertion in Policy Manager) for this which includes WS-Addressing and Public key?

I achieved same thing by including Public key (file with .p12 extension) and WS-Addressing options in SOAP UI and able to hit the soap web service. Can you please help me out to achieve same thing in API Gateway with an example?

• 2.  Re: Consuming SOAP web service in CA API Gateway

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2017 07:44 PM

Good evening,

The HTTP Routing assertion can be modified to select a specific private key that has been import into the Manage Private Key interface. The modification can be done by right clicking on the assertion and click on Select Private Key.

For the WS-Addresssing component you will need to make sure that the service is a publish SOAP Service with the Add WS-Addressing assertion and Apply WS-Security assertion. Add WS-Addressing Assertion - CA API Gateway - 9.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support

• 3.  Re: Consuming SOAP web service in CA API Gateway

Posted Dec 26, 2018 09:30 PM

Hello,

Just wondering, why it has to be "publish SOAP Service"? If I need to expose my Gateway as a REST or normal HTTP, then how can I do that?

Thanks,

Varun

• 4.  Re: Consuming SOAP web service in CA API Gateway

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 27, 2018 12:19 PM

Varun,

The WS-Addressing and other WS-Security assertions require the service to a SOAP Published service. You can use any WSDL and just change a few options to make it a REST based service. On the WSDL tab make the SOAP Version Unspecified and check the bottom box. 

On the HTTP tab, ensure that you pick the HTTP Methods you want to support:

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes
    Broadcom Support