Clarity

• 1.  Integrating Clarity Tasks with Jira

Posted Jan 25, 2017 09:48 AM

Hello,

Has anyone done integration between Clarity (not Agile Clarity) with Jira? If so could you share your process? How is the mapping done between Clarity Tasks with Jira issues/projects? Also if master and sub is used in Clarity how that affects the mapping.

We are looking into using both Clarity PPM and Jira but would like to know the best practices for integrating.

Regards,

Manjusha

• 2.  Re: Integrating Clarity Tasks with Jira

Posted Jan 29, 2017 05:54 PM

Hi Manjusha,

See you asked this same question back in July, did you see Josh's reply?

Clarity and Jira Integration 

It's difficult to to provide recommendations since JIRA is very flexible and will depend on your organisations use cases. Also the actual setup of the integration is going to vary between instances, especially once we start looking at passing time into the timesheet. I'd suggest to look at the CA agile integration, since the same logic applies.

https://www.ca.com/content/dam/ca/us/files/data-sheet/ca-ppm-and-ca-agile-central.pdf 

• 3.  Re: Integrating Clarity Tasks with Jira

Posted Jan 30, 2017 09:01 AM

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the link.

We rolled out Jira recently and since there is no process standardization, it is being used in all possible ways. The only requirements given is need for integration with Clarity and Jira so users don't have to enter time in two places. 

Hence I posted here to understand if others have implemented the integration so I can present business with different options. 

Regards,

Manjusha

• 4.  Re: Integrating Clarity Tasks with Jira

Posted Jan 31, 2017 02:14 AM

Hi Manjusha

It does not sound as a true requirement. 

When you work in Excel, Word, Outlook, JIRA, notepad, etc.. you do not "enter time" in all those systems separately, you only enter in Clarity. Just because there is an option to "enter time" in one of those, does not mean you have to.

Your true requirement is some sort of output  (report, ETL) and you do not need Clarity for given examples.

Based on data granularity level, I suggest as least as possible for a start: project_name, user_name, sum(worklog.timeworked/3600) on monthly basis into WIP

br,

pp

• 5.  Re: Integrating Clarity Tasks with Jira

Posted Jan 31, 2017 07:24 AM

Your team need to decide what you link the CA PPM task to in JIRA (i.e. EPIC), where in JIRA will the effort be recorded (i.e. task) and frequency to sync to CA PPM.(i.e. daily). All of that will be unique your organisations use and need.

If you want a recommendation, then use the CA agile logic as a starting point. (project = project, task = epic)

Ether way you need to document (and govern) how JIRA is used in your organisation, the rollup used and which level you will sync with CA PPM.  

If you want to chat this further contact me

• 6.  Re: Integrating Clarity Tasks with Jira

Posted Jun 28, 2018 01:59 AM

JIRA and CA PPM (earlier called Clarity) can be bi-directionally integrated by using OpsHub Integration Manager, which is an out-of-box integration solution. After the user has successfully configured the bi-directional integration between these two systems, entities from one system and their associated description, status, attachments would synchronize to the other system in real time.

For example, all ‘tasks’ from CA PPM can synchronize to JIRA as ‘features’, where the features are further broken down as ‘user stories’. When the development team updates the description of the user stories, the estimated effort hours and other details in JIRA, these details synchronize to CA PPM.

Read more about JIRA & CA PPM integration.