Rally Software

• 1.  Configuring Required fields / Template for Defects

Posted Apr 10, 2018 10:54 AM

Hi,

My team would like to configure the required fields by someone submitting a defect. Is this possible? If so, where does an admin. set this up?

Also, is it possible to add a template for the free form spaces?

Thanks,
    Serge

• 2.  Re: Configuring Required fields / Template for Defects
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 10, 2018 12:22 PM

Hey Serge,  Yes, if the Admin goes into Setup > Workspaces & Projects > Select the workspace in question > Fields > Type = Defect.  Those are the fields for Defects.  You can edit the fields using the Gear icon.  Most fields allow you to flag them as Required.  Please note that this will affect new defects going forward, it will not enforce the requirement for existing defects.

Please stay tuned to the Community for an announcement regarding Templates.  I'm not sure on the release date but this functionality is coming soon. 

• 3.  Re: Configuring Required fields / Template for Defects

Posted Apr 11, 2018 03:55 PM

Hi Edwin, can you tell me where to find the Fields? See image

Thanks again

• 4.  Re: Configuring Required fields / Template for Defects

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 11, 2018 04:13 PM

Hi Serge,

You don't see the Fields section because it's available for either Subscription Administrators or Workspace Admins only. See: Create and Customize Fields | CA Agile Central Help  

"To manage, edit, or create fields, you must have subscription or workspace administrator permissions."

From your screen shots it seems you are a project admin. Can you contact your Workspace Admin to help you with that?

Thanks,

Sagi

• 5.  Re: Configuring Required fields / Template for Defects

Posted Apr 10, 2018 01:37 PM

Edwin, thanks for the reply and detailed response, I'll tool around with it along with the Admin. and Team!