DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Azure snmp Monitoring

Posted Mar 08, 2018 11:17 AM

Hi Folks,

Query 1:

We have a primary hub which monitors infra on our Clients datacenters.

We have now setup a separate Azure Hub for Azure monitoring and need to start snmp monitoring for Azure network devices.We have a discovery_agent in Azure hub which is currently deactivated so if I enable this discovery_agent in this  Azure hub will it interfere with the discovery_agent or discovery_server of the  existing Primary hub?

Query 2:

Will I be able to discover the snmp devices after enabling this discovery_agent in Azure hub?

While configuring snmpcollector probe of Azurehub the path of the discovery server has to be given so do i need to deploy the discovery server probe again in Azure hub separately? or can i use the Discovery server probe of the existing primary hub and just enable the discovery_agent in Azure hub? 

I am pretty new to CA UIM ..Could anyone please help me out?

Many Thanks,

Vineesha.

• 2.  Re: Azure snmp Monitoring

Posted Mar 08, 2018 12:04 PM

Query 1:

We have a primary hub which monitors infra on our Clients datacenters.

We have now setup a separate Azure Hub for Azure monitoring and need to start snmp monitoring for Azure network devices.We have a discovery_agent in Azure hub which is currently deactivated so if I enable this discovery_agent in this  Azure hub will it interfere with the discovery_agent or discovery_server of the  existing Primary hub?

Discovery _agent will contact the primary HUB discovery_server .(Discovery_Server probe will be deployed only in primary HUB)

Query 2:

Will I be able to discover the snmp devices after enabling this discovery_agent in Azure hub?

While configuring snmpcollector probe of Azurehub the path of the discovery server has to be given so do i need to deploy the discovery server probe again in Azure hub separately? or can i use the Discovery server probe of the existing primary hub and just enable the discovery_agent in Azure hub?

Don’t deploy discovery_server probe in Azure hub ,you can activate the discovery_agent and mention the primary discovery_probe address in SNMP collector probe .

PFB Docs and links it will be helpful.

snmpcollector (SNMP Data Monitoring) Release Notes - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Docum… 

How to Install the snmpcollector Probe 2.x - YouTube 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui20RUoJJxg

• 3.  Re: Azure snmp Monitoring

Posted Mar 09, 2018 08:56 AM

Hi Issac,

I have activated the discovery_agent on the azure hub and set the path of the discoveryserver  of the  Primary hub and  in discover filters scope I have added the path of the Azure hub's discovery agent.

After I discover I was able to see the old network device profiles of the Primary hub which are in our Datacenters.I am not able to discover the Azure devices residing on the Azure hub.

I see the below information in log file of the discovery_agent in Azure hub:

Mar 09 11:35:24:989 [attach_socket, discovery_agent] (2) communication error, Error when trying to send on session (S) com.nimsoft.nimbus.NimServerSession(Socket[addr=/192.***.***.x,port=63928,localport=48017]): Connection reset by peer: socket write error 

is there something that I need to look on the ports?

Regards,

vineesha.

• 4.  Re: Azure snmp Monitoring

Posted Mar 09, 2018 10:54 AM

Have you opened ports from azure hub to primary HUB ?48000 -48030