DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  CEM Siteminder plugin

Posted Dec 22, 2017 10:36 AM

Hello

Does someone know when CA CEM Siteminder plugin does a request to Siteminder policy server ?

I remember the plugin does a request only when a defect is arised on CEM, and so identify the user that has done the transaction.

regards

Antonello

• 2.  Re: CEM Siteminder plugin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 22, 2017 04:19 PM

Adding Hiko_Davis JMertin for assistance.

• 3.  Re: CEM Siteminder plugin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 22, 2017 07:12 PM

I'm confused: are talking about the SSO feature of using CA SSO for CEM or something else? https://docops.ca.com/ca-apm/10-5/en/integrating/integrating-ca-siteminder-with-ca-cem

Maybe this? https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.tec1566517.html

• 4.  Re: CEM Siteminder plugin
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 24, 2017 11:09 AM

Dear Antonello:

The docs on this are SiteMinder with CA CEM Integration Overview - CA Application Performance Management - 10.0 - CA Technologies Documentati… 

APM/CE (CEM) is only using the plugin to gather the user/session identifiers. This information would only be used for defective transactions. So you are correct.

I am curious why this question came up in the first place. You could also do an event correlation of the APM CE Siteminder logs with the TIM logs to better understand what is going on

Thanks

Hal German

• 5.  Re: CEM Siteminder plugin

Posted Dec 27, 2017 06:20 AM

Hi Hal,

The customer request is about to identify users only for the defective transactions.

I asked this question to be sure that the CA CEM plugin does not introduce an excessive workload to Siteminder. 

Thanks and Regards

Antonello

• 6.  Re: CEM Siteminder plugin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 31, 2017 11:07 AM

Dear Antonello:

Thanks for the response. There have been customers using the plugin for some time without issues.

So I would not generally expect an excessive workload for the SIteminder Policy/Authentication servers  for the various authentications/authorizations. The TIM SM Logs (accessible via the GUI) will give you an idea of how many authentications/authorizations are taking place.

Hal German

• 7.  Re: CEM Siteminder plugin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 08, 2018 03:36 AM

If I remember correctly, the old way of the CEM plugin to work was to actually create double load on the Siteminder servers. This has been fixed now if I remember correctly, as the key is kept in TIMs memory for decrypting the Siteminder cookie (this is from old memories, I don't have my archives anymore alas ...).

Anyone we could ask for details on that?