DX NetOps

Expand all | Collapse all

LDAP Configuration

• 1.  LDAP Configuration

Posted Mar 06, 2018 10:33 AM

Hi,

I am trying to configure LDAP in CA Spectrum. I have a doubt on one thing, what is "Login Name Pattern"  in User name lookup option in spectrum administration page. 

Thanks,

Geetika

• 2.  Re: LDAP Configuration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 06, 2018 01:37 PM

Hi Geetika,

The "Login Name Pattern"  field is where you set the expression to use when searching for a users directory entry, with null marking where the actual login user name should be inserted.

- Specify the search expression pattern

- Insert the login user name at {0}

The example shown is used by Active Directory:

Thanks,

Silvio

• 3.  Re: LDAP Configuration

Posted Mar 07, 2018 05:22 AM

Hi,

Whenever I am trying to test the connection of ldap server it give the error like:

"SPC-OCA-10494: Could not connect with the specified connection name/password: SPC-OCA-10488: Either the user name does not exist in the external authentication database or the entered password is Invalid."  

In ldap server setting I gave the server ip,port and time out period of ldap server.

In user name lookup option I choose user by search radio button.

Here geetika is login user name that's why I put that name.

Here I gave connection name and password for ldap server.

Here geetika is login user name and its password.

Please tell me what was the wrong ?Any help is accepted.

Thanks,

Geetika

• 4.  Re: LDAP Configuration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 07, 2018 08:14 AM

Hi Geetika,

Complete the fields as follows:

Login Name Pattern: sAMAccountName={0}
    Base User Directory: OU=SPEC,OU=SPTEST,DC=xxxxx1,DC=com
    Connection Name: CN=Administrator,OU=SPEC,OU=SPTEST,DC=xxxxx1,DC=com
    Connection Password: **********

Thanks,

Silvio

• 5.  Re: LDAP Configuration

Posted Mar 07, 2018 10:04 AM

Hi Silvio,

I followed the above details and tried many times to connect with the LDAP server but the same error was occured each time.

What would be the wrong?

Thanks,

Geetika

• 6.  Re: LDAP Configuration
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 07, 2018 12:31 PM

Hi Geetika,

Both Administrator and geetika accounts must be in the OU=SPEC,OU=SPTEST,DC=xxxxx1,DC=com "container".

The sAMAccountName attribute is a single-valued attribute that is the logon name used to support clients and servers.

If this is a Microsoft's LDAP-based Active Directory, you can use the ADSI Edit to validate the value of sAMAccountName attribute for the Administrator account.

The Administrator account is in the  CN=Users,DC=xxxx03,DC=com "container".

So I will fill in as follows:

Login Name Pattern: sAMAccountName={0}
    Base User Directory: CN=Users,DC=xxxx03,DC=com
    Connection Name: CN=Administrator,CN=Users,DC=xxxx03,DC=com
    Connection Password: **********

Test user: Administrator

Test password: **********

Thanks,

Silvio

• 7.  Re: LDAP Configuration

Posted Mar 09, 2018 05:10 AM

Hi Silvio,

Thanks and it is working now.

Thanks,

Geetika

• 8.  Re: LDAP Configuration

Posted Mar 13, 2018 06:30 AM

Hi,

After LDAP configuration I am able login with Administrator user only, it couldn't show the users which are built in LDAP and LDAP server couldn't logged with other users in LDAP server.

Is there any further step CA Spectrum to sync up with LDAP users??

Any help is acceptable.

Thanks,

Geetika

• 9.  Re: LDAP Configuration

Posted Mar 13, 2018 06:32 AM

Hi,

After LDAP configuration I am able login with Administrator user only, it couldn't show the users which are built in LDAP and Spectrum server couldn't logged with other users in LDAP server.

Is there any further step CA Spectrum to sync up with LDAP users??

Any help is acceptable.

Thanks,

Geetika

• 10.  Re: LDAP Configuration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 13, 2018 07:34 AM

Hi Geetika,

• Are the others accounts in the same user's container as the Administrator account? All accounts (including the Administrator account) should be in OU=SPEC,OU=SPTEST,DC=xxxxx1,DC=com.
    • Did you also create all LDAP accounts in the CA Spectrum database? If the users are not modeled in the CA Spectrum, they cannot login, regardless of LDAP accounts. 
    • In case the accounts were created in CA Spectrum, but not yet created in LDAP, you can use this workaround.

• If the problem was not yet identified, you can enable the the SSORB module in debug mode on the OneClick web server machine, bounce the Tomcat service, reproduce the issue and review the Tomcat's log file.

Add the following entry (in yellow) in the $SPECROOT/tomcat/webapps/spectrum/WEB-INF/web.xml file (in the spectrum.debug.modules section):

<init-param>
    <param-name>com.aprisma.spectrum.debug.modules</param-name>
    <param-value>

SecuritySpSSORB@SecuritySP@SSORB Security SP@on; 

</param-value>
    </init-param>

Thanks,

Silvio

• 11.  Re: LDAP Configuration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2018 08:42 AM

I understand that user should be in same OU using which integration is done. We have integrated CA Spectrum 10.2.2 with Microsoft AD. 

Can CA Spectrum search for multiple OUs and lock the user? For eg, integration is done using ca_nms user which is part of OU=Common Accounts however, Employees are part of OU=Employee Accounts. Need to give access to the employee who is part of OU=Employee Accounts.

• 12.  Re: LDAP Configuration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 27, 2018 01:56 AM

Resolved this issue by giving access to users by setting OU in Base Directory and used different OU for Connection.

• 13.  RE: Re: LDAP Configuration

Posted Sep 24, 2019 01:14 PM
    i also face the same issue but after following above mention steps the LDAP connect successfully but user sync failed i see no User in SpectroServer List and not even a single user of Active Directory was able to Login on OC

------------------------------
    [Resident Enginner ]
    [PTCL]
    [ISlamabad]
    ------------------------------

• 14.  RE: Re: LDAP Configuration

Posted Sep 25, 2019 10:11 AM
    There's no user sync.

The users must be created manually in Spectrum --- then with this configured, Spectrum will use AD for password.

As others have stated --- if your Base User Directory is 'high' enough in the hierarchy and you select Search Subdirectories your users and your connection user do not have to be in the same container.