Layer7 API Management

• 1.  OTK 4.1 Cassandra Write Consistency

Posted Nov 29, 2017 12:07 PM

We are using API Gateway 9.1cr5 with OTK 4.1.  We have a 3 total node cassandra cluster to support the OTK, 2 in one DC, one in the second.  When we take one cassandra node offline the OTK fails to write data to the cassandra cluster.  After doing some tracing, it appears that the OTK is utilizing SERIAL in its writes to cassandra.  My understanding is limited, but I believe this is because SERIAL writes require all of the nodes to be available in order to successfully complete a write.  Is this correct?   Has anyone encountered this, or resolved this in any way?  Is it because our cassandra cluster is so small?  Any help at all would be appreciated, I'm kind of a noob for both the OTK and Cassandra.

Thanks!

Dave

• 2.  Re: OTK 4.1 Cassandra Write Consistency
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 22, 2017 11:48 AM

Hi Dave,

I see that you have opened a case on this questions, just to close the loop on this questions here is the answer for any one looking.

It looks like the functionality to control the consistency level for your Cassandra OTK database connections is something that is on the roadmap for the product, but has not actually been productized as of yet.

The Idea has been created on our Communities forum to have this functionality added to the OTK product here:

Control Cassandra consistency level for OTK database
    https://communities.ca.com/ideas/235737824-control-cassandra-consistency-level-for-otk-database

Please do upvote this idea if you like to this be part of the future release.

Thanks

Abs