Clarity

• 1.  Saving Advanced Report Parameters

Posted Oct 20, 2017 08:08 PM
      |   view attached

Being the Administrator of our environment, it was easy for me to create, move and alter objects in our Jaspersoft environment. With alll of my users having 'ROLE_ADHOC_DESIGNER' and 'ROLE_REPORT_DESIGNER' roles plus access to the report themes characteristic to their user profiles, they were unable to save 'Report Versions' based on the OOTB Reports stored in the write-protected "CA PPM -> Reports" folder of the Repository.

I developed the attached guide to help walk our users through this apparent conundrum. Hoping that this document may help someone else facing a similar issue. There may still be some grammatical/procedural flaws included - offered on as as-is basis.

Regards,

Will

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Re: Saving Advanced Report Parameters

Posted Oct 24, 2017 05:00 AM

Hello Will,

I faced the same problem - my solution was to allow users to write a report version directly in the report repository (without copying it into their personal folders).

The reason was to avoid outdated reports in case the original report changes.

BR David

• 3.  Re: Saving Advanced Report Parameters

Posted Oct 25, 2017 03:57 PM

Thanks for this David.

So, as a technical procedure, you (as Administrator) right-clicked on the core 'Reports' folder and updated the permissions on that folder? Is that correct?

If so, I'm wondering what permission level you set? I didn't immediately interpret 'Read + Write' to mean Write Report Versions.

• 4.  Re: Saving Advanced Report Parameters

Posted Oct 26, 2017 04:16 AM

Hello,

yes, I set 'Read+Write' permissions for the respective role(s) according to your technical procedure.

Users can 'read' standard reports and 'write' their own report versions with individually set filters.

They can 'delete' neither standard reports nor (unfortunately) their own report versions.

Despite above mentioned limitations, this was the best possible solution to meet their requirements.

BR David

• 5.  Re: Saving Advanced Report Parameters

Posted Oct 26, 2017 12:23 PM

Thanks David. That's really helpful. Perhaps I'll work us toward the cetralized model once I have my users educated on creating and scheduling their preferred reports.

Cheers,

Will

• 6.  Re: Saving Advanced Report Parameters

Posted Nov 12, 2017 08:58 PM

With V15.3 re-introducing 'Reports' back into CA PPM, users are able to add Reports back to 'My Reports' including Parameters.  They no longer have to access to 'Read + Write' to the JasperSoft folders.

• 7.  Re: Saving Advanced Report Parameters

Posted Nov 12, 2017 09:21 PM

Hi Roland,

This is an enhancement what we have done in 15.3 version of clarity to access Jasper Studio Reports from CA PPM. In earlier versions of clarity the "Reports" link used to get the BO Reports.

Refer: https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm-saas/15-3/en/release-information/release-notes-saas 

(Enhanced Features)

Regards,

Srikanth G

• 8.  Re: Saving Advanced Report Parameters

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 13, 2017 02:35 AM

Hi Will,

Till the time you come to 15.3 you can use the workaround in the thread jaspersoft access rights for save parameters 

Regards

Suman Pramanik