Layer7 API Management

• 1.  pagination for slicing required array

Posted Nov 07, 2017 04:35 AM

Hi, please share me the jsonpath expression to get slice of an array for pagination. I am using evaluate json path assertion and tried giving [start:end] but could not proceed, where in [:end] was working fine for 0 to end filtering. below is the sample

input:

[        { "category": "reference",         "author": "Nigel Rees",         "title": "Sayings of the Century",         "price": 8.95       },       { "category": "fiction",         "author": "Evelyn Waugh",         "title": "Sword of Honour",         "price": 12.99       },       { "category": "fiction",         "author": "Herman Melville",         "title": "Moby Dick",         "isbn": "0-553-21311-3",         "price": 8.99       },       { "category": "fiction",         "author": "J. R. R. Tolkien",         "title": "The Lord of the Rings",         "isbn": "0-395-19395-8",         "price": 22.99       },
    { "category": "fiction",         "author": "J. R. R. Tolkien",         "title": "The Lord of the Rings",         "isbn": "0-395-19395-8",         "price": 22.99       }
    ]

• 2.  Re: pagination for slicing required array

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 08, 2017 01:28 PM

Just include a dot or period in the JSON Expression as shown to get the array.

Hope this helps.

• 3.  Re: pagination for slicing required array

Posted Nov 09, 2017 12:36 AM

If i want to slice out particular values from array, say 3 to 5, how will this work? 

• 4.  Re: pagination for slicing required array

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2017 04:38 AM

Hi, have you tried:

$.[3:5]

/Mikael

• 5.  Re: pagination for slicing required array

Posted Nov 09, 2017 04:51 AM

Yes , I did and its not working, its giving " For input string: "3:5"" when tested

• 6.  Re: pagination for slicing required array

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2017 07:05 AM

Hi again. I see. I guess that the library used for the assertion does not currently support that specific slicing syntax.

• 7.  Re: pagination for slicing required array
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2017 10:24 AM

It looks like it supports a start or end for slicing but not both