Rally Software

• 1.  @Mentions Overview

Posted Nov 09, 2017 08:01 AM

Hi, our users are asking about a good/quick overview of all the @mentions that have been sent their way.

I know it is possible to perform a search, but it might be better/beneficial to be able to put all @mentions on a dashboard via an app or otherwise get an overview.

1) Does anyone know of a good way to get an overview of your @mentions?

2) Do you know whether we can expect any product enhancements in this area?

BR

Michael

• 2.  Re: @Mentions Overview

Posted Nov 09, 2017 05:52 PM

Hey glola01 mind chiming in? 

• 3.  Re: @Mentions Overview
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 15, 2017 02:49 PM

Hi Michael - 

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback. Currently, the best overview of your @mentions are the email notifications. Although we look forward to making enhancements such as in app notifications, we do not have a set date to make product enhancements for @mentions.

• 4.  Re: @Mentions Overview

Posted Nov 16, 2017 09:11 AM

I have worked with a cusrtomer where @mentions are being used a lot. Due to the high volume and limitations on having a @mentions dashboard, I've heard flowdock is a good option. I've not had much experience of the integration - do others agreed this is a good approach?

• 5.  Re: @Mentions Overview

Posted Nov 21, 2017 02:06 AM

Thank you for the suggestion. 

I have used Flowdock at another customer, but this was about 1,5 years ago. I'll have a look at see whether this is the better option for my current customer.

Thank you

• 6.  Re: @Mentions Overview

Posted May 18, 2018 12:11 PM

I have had success using a query in an app on my dashboard like this:  (((Description contains "@display name") OR (Notes contains "@display name")) OR (Discussion.Text contains "@display name"))

It pulls in anything where I was mentioned.  If you have additional rich text fields, you'd add them to the query as well.  And of course if you change your display name you have to change the query, but it's an easy way to pull in any items in which you were @mentioned.