Symantec Access Management

• 1.  APS Disable/Lock Scenario

Posted Jun 07, 2017 01:55 PM
    I was running into an issue in the last 2 scenarios. 

•Failure Count Timeout
    •Auto Reset Failure Count 

When the user is locked due to failure timeout, they get successfully added to the "cn=Disabled-FailureCount"
    but the check box in APSHelpdeskAdmin "Disabled due to Failure Count" is not marked for the locked user.
    Hence there is no way but to manually open delete users information from the respective CN.
    In another use case while trying to lock an active user from APSHelpDesk Admin by check box of "Disabled due to Failure Count",
    a pop up error is displayed "user update failed".  i might be missing some configuration on the back-end,
    or there might be a bug.

Thanks,
    American Airlines

• 2.  Re: APS Disable/Lock Scenario

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 23, 2017 11:45 AM

Uses cases explained here may need more investigation and log review. Please open a support case and provide the logs for review.

• 3.  Re: APS Disable/Lock Scenario

Posted Jun 23, 2017 11:50 AM

Yes, that has been done, case still open. More investigation being done. If you have knowledge in APS Domain I can forward you the Engineers info so you can guide him if needed.

• 4.  Re: APS Disable/Lock Scenario

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 23, 2017 11:58 AM

I found your case in our support system; I will check with the engineer and update you on the case in few days.

• 5.  Re: APS Disable/Lock Scenario

Posted Jun 23, 2017 12:04 PM

TY Saravanan_Ramalingam, much appreciated. the sooner the better, we are tight on deadlines.