DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  ¿How to limit a user of type "account" with administrator privilege in Control Panel?

Posted Oct 20, 2017 12:55 PM

Hi everyone.

¿How limit a user of type "account" with administrator privilege in Control Panel?

I have a MSP and I need to give permission of administrator to that the customer manage your environment (tenant).

When I setup this user with administrator role, the user can see everything groups, users and sites of the other customers.

I need that the user only see you environment (Tenant).

Is possible this ?

• 2.  Re: ¿How to limit a user of type "account" with administrator privilege in Control Panel?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 23, 2017 03:21 PM

Hi Miller,

Are you configuring the account in Infrastructure Manager or using the Account Admin portlet in UMP?

Accounts configured in IM will see all resources in the UIM environment.  Account Admin contacts, however, can be restricted to specific origins.

• 3.  Re: ¿How to limit a user of type "account" with administrator privilege in Control Panel?

Posted Oct 23, 2017 06:50 PM

David.

I am using the Account Admin portlet in UMP. and the user have the ACL administrator

The account only have your origin, but i don't know why the user have acceso to all group and user, sites from Control Panel

• 4.  Re: ¿How to limit a user of type "account" with administrator privilege in Control Panel?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2017 10:22 AM

Assuming we are talking about Liferay  (Go to-->Control Panel in UMP), I do not believe there is a way to limit this -- it's all-or-nothing.

• 5.  Re: ¿How to limit a user of type "account" with administrator privilege in Control Panel?

Posted Nov 09, 2017 10:42 AM

oh... that is a problem for my MSP, because my service is *You have the control of your account and Tenant administration.

Thank Jason.