CA Service Management

• 1.  Change Jaspersoft Password

Posted Jan 17, 2018 01:57 PM

To change the superuser account password I need only to change it in the interface or I need to change this password somewhere in the tool like in a config file?

• 2.  Re: Change Jaspersoft Password

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 17, 2018 02:35 PM

Paulo, I think from interface should be good and you don't need to manually change conf file or db. Thanks _Chi

• 3.  Re: Change Jaspersoft Password

Posted Jan 17, 2018 02:39 PM

Paulo - is this for Jasper 6.2 or 6.3?   In Jasper 6.2, if the superuser password is changed, it will affect the "SDM user authorization" report (which sets user attributes allowing jasper to connect to SDM as that user).  Unfortunately in 6.2 its hard coded to the product and cannot be changed very easily.  In 6.3 that problem was fixed and changed to a variable.

Hope this helps a bit too..

Jon I.

• 4.  Re: Change Jaspersoft Password

Posted Jan 18, 2018 05:23 AM

I´m using version 6.2 because I´m yet using Service Management 14.1

My concern about this password it that my jasper is available through internet

• 5.  Re: Change Jaspersoft Password

Posted Jan 18, 2018 08:51 AM

Hi Paulo,

I would recommend testing the change first in a test system, and testing the SDM User Authorization report to see if it still works.  If not, and it throws an error, we would have to change the file manually for you.  Give it a shot and let us know.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 6.  Re: Change Jaspersoft Password
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 18, 2018 08:58 AM

Hi Paulo,

I went back in my emails when I had originally come across the superuser password change issue, and I actually just remembered a fix for this was issued for Jasper 6.2!!   Please open a CA Support case, and request for fix T6D3123 to be provided.  When you apply the fix it will deliver some files to the NX_ROOT\CABI folder, which you need to follow the post steps in the patch readme file which tell you to copy those files to the jasper server and then add some server attributes etc.

This should get you going

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 7.  Re: Change Jaspersoft Password

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2018 10:49 AM

Thank you, Jon.

Paulo, I already provided you testfix from the case you raised.

Please apply it and follow post-install steps as recommended and let us know in case you have any question.

Regards,

Roberto

• 8.  Re: Change Jaspersoft Password

Posted Jan 18, 2018 11:05 AM

Great team work here guys!!

This is what communities are all about