DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Rebalancing cluster

Posted Jan 08, 2018 03:17 PM

Hi,

We need to rebalance our cluster because we want to shut off 2 of them. The reason is that two are running in the same server where the mom is, and I like to know what steps are needed for doing this.

1 - I'm not sure what about of SmartStor, should I make a merge between the origin smartstor and the destination smartstor?

2- Do I need update loadbalancing.xml or using Metric Weighting Factor is enough?

Regards

• 2.  Re: Rebalancing cluster

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 08, 2018 03:46 PM

Can someone from our Community particularly fellow APM Admins help Osvaldo?

• 3.  Re: Rebalancing cluster
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 09, 2018 06:59 AM

Hi Osvaldo,

If you want to preserve historical data stored on 2 collectors that you are closing, you have to make a merge with the 2 smartstor to a destination one. 

If in loadbalancing.xml there were any references to the 2 collectors that you are closing you should update this file.

If in IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.properties, clustering settings rows, there were any references to the 2 collectors that you are closing, you should update the related rows.

Modify the loadbalancing/clustering weight default values it's no mandatory in a clustered APM infrastructure (it's a best practice if there are sizable HW differences between servers). 

• 4.  Re: Rebalancing cluster

Posted Jan 23, 2018 02:16 PM

Hi,

I'm back with this question, the reason is that some people were witnes of another rebalancing previous and they tell me that was not necessary made the merge. Actually I agree with Marco suggestions, sounds very logic,  but they made me doubt. Are there some documentation about this point?

Thanks in advance.