Flowdock

Expand all | Collapse all

Cannot follow links in iOS app

• 1.  Cannot follow links in iOS app

Posted 12-01-2017 08:14 PM
      |   view attached

When going through notifications and attempting to follow links to web pages, the overwhelming majority do not work. This is frequently the case when dealing with markdown links, which can be followed readily on the web.

Addtionally, most of the content cannot be highlighted or selected, which makes me believe this regression is due to some press/click handler being overly greedy.

Attached a screenshot of a sample message with a link suffering from this issue.

iOS app version 3.10.4 (1047) on iOS 11.1.2 

• 2.  Re: Cannot follow links in iOS app

Posted 12-04-2017 05:19 PM

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reporting this and including the screenshot. I have tested our linking and found that it is working as expected. Please provide me a little more detail about what you are experiencing:

1. What happens when you click the link?
    2. Have you tried quitting the App and re-launching it?
    3. Are other people in your Organization experiencing this?
    4. When did this issue begin?
    5. Please clarify what you mean by "most of the content cannot be highlighted or selected" - do you mean messages? you cannot highlight messages to copy?

Thank you for the additional information,

~Leah

• 3.  Re: Cannot follow links in iOS app

Posted 12-11-2017 12:57 AM

As of version 3.10.5 (1109), I can no longer repro this issue.

1. Nothing happens, it's as if there was no link

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. Several weeks ago

5. Correct, messages. I could not highlight messages to copy

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 5:18 PM, roble04 <

• 4.  Re: Cannot follow links in iOS app

Posted 09-26-2018 10:08 AM

Hi there,

Great news - version 4.1.2 of the Flowdock iOS app is out today and it addresses several of these issues! Get the update at Flowdock on the App Store.

What’s New

• Tap to add an emoji reaction to your flows. We’ve retained the 3D touch capability.
    • Context-sensitive assistive keyboard provides suggestions for quick actions such as @, @@, /

Bug Fixes

• A sharp uptick in crashes that no longer happen. Because we fixed a handful of them.
    • Links on both flows and 1-1 chats became unclickable. Now, they're clickable once more.
    • Composing a response that extends beyond the visible area? Don’t worry, now the long lines are visible in the same view, without the need to scroll up.
    • All the read notifications were not retained. This was frustrating, and will no longer happen.
    • An error message 'Could not connect to the server' would sometimes appear when Flowdock app returns from sleep mode or running in the background. Apologies for any frustration caused.
    • Searching for an individual, is now a markedly improved experience. Now, search the right people and stay better connected on both flows and 1-1 chats!
    • We have also fixed a few usability issues that were impacting some users.