IT Process Automation

• 1.  Extension attributes with Register CI operator

Posted Oct 24, 2017 12:32 PM

I am working on using the Register CI operator to load CI data via requests in Service Catalog to Service Desk Manager. All of the base attributes are loading fine but when I try to load attributes that are in the extension tables, nothing seems to be populating. I don't get any errors, its just that the fields do not update. Is there a special way to include the extension attributes in the xml (or valuemap preferably)? Below is my test xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <myProduct>
    <ci>
    <mdrId>CMDBf</mdrId>
    <localId>TestCI300</localId>
    <name>Test CI 300</name>
    <serial_number>7890123</serial_number>
    <alarm_id>1.1.1.1</alarm_id>
    <family>Hardware.Server</family>
    <class>Virtual Server</class>
    <status>Active</status>
    <server_type>Application Server</server_type> <!-- this does not update -->
    </ci>
    </myProduct>

I can revert to using the GRLoader operators but I wanted to a) not have to create files for loading and b) use the mdrid and localids to help keep track of the registrations. Any suggestions?

• 2.  Re: Extension attributes with Register CI operator

Posted Oct 26, 2017 05:38 AM

Hi Benjamin 

I notice that your question has been raised on the Process Automation community forum when the subject matter of your question is specifically related to the Service Catalog and/or Service Desk Manager offerings.

I therefore suspect that you have raised this question on the wrong community forum by mistake.

Could I please suggest that you raise this questions on the appropriate CA Service Desk manager community forum where there your questions is likely to be answered by your peers from that product area, rather than those customers who use Process Automation. 

Thanks and kind regards