Layer7 API Management

• 1.  When I try to add an application on Layer7 portal and assign an api , nothing happens

Posted Nov 09, 2017 02:58 PM

When I try to add an application on Layer7 portal and assign an api , nothing happens. I don't see newly added application anywhere. What could be the possible issue. 

• 2.  Re: When I try to add an application on Layer7 portal and assign an api , nothing happens

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2017 06:01 PM

1. What version of portal?

2. Are you creating the API on the Gateway, and then enabling on the portal? Or is this API portal-published?

3. Also have you confirmed portal synchronization is working?

Connect the API Portal to the Gateway - CA API Developer Portal 3.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Verify the Integration Components - CA API Developer Portal 3.5 - CA Technologies Documentation  

• 3.  Re: When I try to add an application on Layer7 portal and assign an api , nothing happens

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 20, 2017 07:50 PM

Dear lalit.soni01988 ,

Was the current user created manually on CMS -> User Administration? or the user was registered following the normal signup flow?

The user info needs to be correct to have privilege to do the tasks such as adding new application. Domain, organization, roles, etc. may all impact the privilege of the user.

A signup user usually has no problem.

The catalina.out log  may provide some clues.

Regards,

Mark

• 4.  Re: When I try to add an application on Layer7 portal and assign an api , nothing happens
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 03, 2018 12:58 PM

Hi All, The issue was the user setup issue. It was not setuped properly. I was able to resolve the issue by deleting the user and creating a new user with signup process.