Symantec Access Management

• 1.  Policy Store Import Fails

Posted Nov 15, 2017 08:40 AM

Hi all,

I am trying to import 12.5 Policy Store Objects to 12.6 using XPSImport: XPSImport File.xml -vT

Import fails with the below message.

There are no errors logged in the smps or smtrace logs.

Unable to identify the reason for this failure as there are no error logs.

Could you please help.

I have imported the data definition and smpolicy.xml in the store before the import.

Are there any other pre-requisites which I am missing ?

Is there a way to capture the error explicitly ?

Or any other suggestion ?

[XPS.cpp:897][Init][INFO][sm-xpsxps-00150] XPS Initialized.
    [FedInterface.cpp:695][PostInitialize][INFO][sm-xobfed-02577] Successfully loaded smobjadapter.
    [XPSImport.cpp:780][SetPhase][INFO][sm-xpsxps-05950] Import Operation is entering the "Queued" phase.
    [XPSImport.cpp:780][SetPhase][INFO][sm-xpsxps-05950] Import Operation is entering the "Initializing" phase.
    [XPSImport.cpp:780][SetPhase][INFO][sm-xpsxps-05950] Import Operation is entering the "Reading" phase.
    [XPSImport.cpp:780][SetPhase][INFO][sm-xpsxps-05950] Import Operation is entering the "Analyzing" phase.
    [XPSImport.cpp:780][SetPhase][INFO][sm-xpsxps-05950] Import Operation is entering the "Validating" phase.
    [XPSImport.cpp:1439][Complete][INFO][sm-xpsxps-05870] 12345 policy data object(s) imported.
    [XPSImport.cpp:1443][Complete][INFO][sm-xpsxps-05880] 123 configuration parameter(s) imported.
    [XPSImport.cpp:1450][Complete][INFO][sm-xpsxps-05890] 12 security object(s) imported.
    [XPS.cpp:384][XPSResync][INFO][sm-xpsxps-07535] Policy server notified.
    [XPSImport.cpp:490][XPSImport][FATAL][sm-xpsxps-05810] Import failed.
    [XPS.cpp:709][Shutdown][INFO][sm-xpsxps-00160] Shutting down XPS...
    [XPS.cpp:722][Shutdown][INFO][sm-xpsxps-00170] Shutting down XPS housekeeping...
    [XPS.cpp:729][Shutdown][INFO][sm-xpsxps-00160] Shutting down XPS...
    [XPS.cpp:746][Shutdown][INFO][sm-xpsxps-00210] Releasing SiteMinder object store connection to XPS...
    [XPS.cpp:787][Shutdown][INFO][sm-xpsxps-00180] Releasing XPS configuration cache...
    [XPS.cpp:790][Shutdown][INFO][sm-xpsxps-00240] XPS Shutdown Complete.

Regards,

Anurag

• 2.  Re: Policy Store Import Fails

Posted Nov 15, 2017 09:00 AM

Could try validateOnly flag and see if that spews anything more.

XPSImport
    XPSImport File.xml -validateOnly -vT

We also assume R12.6 Policy Store has been setup correctly with all the schema / DD.

If there are data integrity issues they'd also need to resolved first.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-single-sign-on/12-7/en/upgrading/in-place-upgrade/correct-policy-store-integrity-errors-before-migrating

https://docops.ca.com/ca-single-sign-on/12-7/en/upgrading/parallel-upgrade/correct-policy-store-integrity-errors-optional

• 3.  Re: Policy Store Import Fails

Posted Nov 16, 2017 04:46 AM

Ok, let me check and update you.

Regards,

Anurag

• 4.  Re: Policy Store Import Fails

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 21, 2017 03:32 PM

Hi Kumar, 

did you check for data integrity and corruptions per Hubert's recommendation and did you get any errors?

If you are still having the issue, I would suggest that you file a Ticket with CA support and provide full Export of your store (full LDIF if using LDAP Store) so we can validate our data and fix any corruptions if needed before migrating the data to your new environment.

Thank you

Joe  

• 5.  Re: Policy Store Import Fails
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 23, 2017 10:02 AM

Hi Joe,

We checked for the data integrity error but found none (followed the recommendation as suggested).

We have opened a CA ticket now.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Anurag

• 6.  Re: Policy Store Import Fails

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 04, 2017 12:12 PM

Anurag, Can you bring this query to closure if your case is proceeding well.

Thank you. Vijay.

• 7.  Re: Policy Store Import Fails

Posted Dec 05, 2017 08:02 AM

Yes please close the query.

I will update here once there is a final resolution.

Regards,

Anurag