Rally Software

• 1.  Custom Burnup Charts

Posted Apr 07, 2014 07:25 PM
    I am hoping someone has already solved this and has a great answer.

I have a requirement to be able to display an iteration burndown chart for the Dev Team, the Test Team and combined.

I know I could do this by creating test stories and a test project but that just doesn't seem very agile, not to mention the aditional overhead of doubling the user stories that need to be tracked.

I have a custom field in tasks that tells me if it is a test or dev task.  is there a way to use this to segment the data and display either the test or the dev in a burndown chart based on this field?

Thanks

Jeff

• 2.  Re: Custom Burnup Charts

Posted Apr 15, 2014 10:25 PM
    Unfortunately, the Rally application does not have an 'out of the box' solution to meet your needs. I did not locate a post that seems to fit this same requirement on Rally Ideas, and I recommend posting this suggestion to allow other Rally users to add their comments and votes to help in promoting it.   This also  gives our product owners the greatest insight into the number of customers interested in a particular enhancement and is used to help prioritize feature work on our backlog. 

You may be able to create a customized burndown chart using custom code.  Here is a link to our Developer Portal (https://help.rallydev.com/for-developers) to help you get started.   I would also recommend visiting Stackoverflow – it is a site where you may get some assistance with this.  The following link will take you to the area where developers who use Rally are active:  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/rally

• 3.  Re: Custom Burnup Charts

Posted Oct 27, 2014 11:24 AM
    Hi Jeff, if this response answered your question, please select it as "Best Answer" by hovering over the bottom of the post and hitting "Best Answer"!  That way it will show up as "solved" for other users who have the same question! Thanks!