Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

TIMESLICES AND JASPERSOFT REPORTS

• 1.  TIMESLICES AND JASPERSOFT REPORTS

Posted Oct 17, 2017 01:12 PM

Hi, I'm currently facing an issue where I cannot get data on the TIMESHEET DETAIL REPORT (Only showing data up to AUGUST 13 ).

As far as I know these report is based on TIMESLICES configuration. So my guess is that we have a problem there. So far just to try I set up every timeslice on our system with start date of 01-01-17 and fiscal ones one 01-01-16. We need to get information from the whole year.

But as I stated the report only goes as far as August 13. There are no custom timeslices only the OOTB ones.

All my jobs work fine (TIMESLICING, DATAMART EXTRACTION, DATAMART ROLLUP, UPDATE REPORT TABLES, LOAD DATAWAREHOUSE FULL)

Any ideas on what may be wrong here and how can I fix this?

Regards,

Juan

• 2.  Re: TIMESLICES AND JASPERSOFT REPORTS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 17, 2017 03:06 PM

Hi Juan

Your Timeslices seem to be okay, no problem.

How does your Time Reporting periods look?

Do you have any gaps, are they open before Aug 13 as well? If you see any issue with them, correct it, and run Update Report Tables and Load Data Warehouse - Full.

If you don't see any problem or the above doesn't help, try the following (this will reset all Time Slices enabled for DWH):

1. Connect to Administration - System Options
    2. In Data Warehouse section note and delete the Entity, Save
    3. Now put back the entity, Save
    4. Run Timeslicing (may take a while so plan accordingly!)
    5. Run Update Report Tables
    6. Run Load Data Warehouse - Full Load

Please let me know if that helps.

Thank you -Nika

• 3.  Re: TIMESLICES AND JASPERSOFT REPORTS

Posted Oct 17, 2017 05:42 PM

Nika, I dont see any gaps on my fiscal periods, In fact I just closed everything that was not from 01-01-2017 and later both on the fiscal periods and on the reporting ones.

I tried the steps you suggested and what called my attention was that TIMESLICING job took only 1 second. Not sure if thats right.

I re run all the jobs but still data on my reports show only up to August 13.

I'm inlcuding a few screens showing what I have on CA PPM now.

Thanks,

Juan.

• 4.  Re: TIMESLICES AND JASPERSOFT REPORTS

Posted Oct 17, 2017 06:17 PM

Hi Juan,

I am sure you might have verified this, but still want to check this.

Are we making use of the same entity where we have all the referenced fiscal periods  under Data Warehouse section of System Options page?

Regards,

Srikanth G

• 5.  Re: TIMESLICES AND JASPERSOFT REPORTS

Posted Oct 17, 2017 07:45 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Srikanth, yes it's the same. We have only one. I'm including a setup screen.

• 6.  Re: TIMESLICES AND JASPERSOFT REPORTS

Posted Oct 17, 2017 10:55 PM

Thanks for the details Juan.

If I understand your issue correctly, you are seeing your time periods only till August 2013, right ?

Parameter Time Period can hold : Current Time Period, Next Time Period, Previous Time Period, List of Time Periods. The Time Period parameter allows you to determine which time periods display on the report.

This completely depends on the Reporting Periods available in the system. Can you please check if we have all the reporting periods defined in the system.

Refer:

Timesheet Detail - CA PPM SaaS - 15.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Note:

Please share the screenshot where you the values only till August 2013

Regards,

Srikanth G

• 7.  Re: TIMESLICES AND JASPERSOFT REPORTS

Posted Oct 17, 2017 11:08 PM

Srikanth, I'm seeing only data up to August 13 2017. Both my fiscal and time reporting periods go beyond that date.

I have fiscal periods from 2017 up to 2020 and time reporting periods from 2017 up to the end of 2018.

I uploaded 2 screens showing report with data and report with no data.

Regards,

Juan.

• 8.  Re: TIMESLICES AND JASPERSOFT REPORTS

Posted Oct 18, 2017 12:07 AM

Thanks for the details.

While we are investigating this , can you please refer below mentioned Tech Doc (it has got a similar issue reference as that of yours):

Timesheet Detail Report seems to have missing data although we see the data in the Timesheets 

Regards,

Srikanth G

• 9.  Re: TIMESLICES AND JASPERSOFT REPORTS

Posted Oct 18, 2017 12:16 AM

Hi Juan,

Can you also try running "Resource Time Summary and Detail report" for the same time periods and see if it fetches any data ?

Regards,

Srikanth G

• 10.  Re: TIMESLICES AND JASPERSOFT REPORTS

Posted Oct 18, 2017 11:15 AM

Srikanth, I added the screens so you can see what the RESOURCE TIME SUMMARY report shows. It populates the correct resouces but it's not showing the correct hours posted in timesheets, it only shows 0 hours.

Regarding the tecdoc on your previous comment that is not my case since my DATAMART jobs are working fine. I included here screenshots of that also.

Regards,

Juan

• 11.  Re: TIMESLICES AND JASPERSOFT REPORTS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 18, 2017 11:21 AM

Hi Juan

Please try as discussed :

1. Connect to Administration - System Options
    2. In Data Warehouse section note and delete the Entity, Save
    3. Now put back the entity, Save
    4. Run Timeslicing (may take a while so plan accordingly!)
    5. Run Update Report Tables
    6. Run Load Data Warehouse - Full Load

See if that works. If it doesn't, please raise a case with Support so we can look into it in detail.

Hope this helps -Nika

• 12.  Re: TIMESLICES AND JASPERSOFT REPORTS

Posted Oct 18, 2017 11:48 AM

Nika, I tried those steps with no luck.

I have not one but 2 open cases for this since 10/04 that were going really slow thats why I came here asking for help. Those cases are for this issue and for the datawarehouse error you already fixed on another post.

Cases numbers are 00858828 and 00866822.

Thanks,

Juan