Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Facing issue with API Gateway SOAP Service

Posted May 04, 2017 10:47 AM

Hi All,

I have developed a SOAP service named as testService with WSDL and xsd file in CA Layer 7 API Gateway 9.1.

While I am loading gateway SOAP service in SOAP UI for testing purpose and I am facing below error.

WSDLException: faultCode=PARSER_ERROR: Problem parsing 'http://******/testService?wsdl'.: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The declaration for the entity "HTML.Version" must end with '>'.

And I tried to load WSDL file directly in SOAP UI and able to see sample request message and observing issue with CA Layer 7 service only.

Kindly let me know why SOAP service returning such error  in SOAP UI and how to resolve it.

Regards,

Suneel

• 2.  Re: Facing issue with API Gateway SOAP Service
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 04, 2017 12:50 PM

Suneel,

We have seen this issue if the backend where the WSDL is located is protected with some form of authentication. If that is the case you will need to setup a HTTP Option (Manage HTTP Options - CA API Gateway - 9.2 - CA Technologies Documentation ) so that when the Gateway attempts to do a pull down of the WSDL, XSD, etc that it will present the correct credentials. The HTTP Option is only used for configuration components not for message processing through policy.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support

• 3.  Re: Facing issue with API Gateway SOAP Service

Posted May 05, 2017 05:20 AM

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your response.
    Issue presented when I accessed API Gateway service as http://xxxx/testService?wsdl in SOAP UI and haven't observed while developing service with same WSDL and XSD files.
    Do we have any particular reason why it got failed in accessing with SOAP UI not during the service implementation.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
    Suneel

• 4.  Re: Facing issue with API Gateway SOAP Service

Posted May 05, 2017 06:07 AM

Hi Stephen,

Issue was resolved now.

Have identified same request Uri was used for two different services in gateway.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Suneel