Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Need to Edit the Content in the Header and Navigation

Posted May 12, 2017 01:09 AM

I am Using API Developer Portal 3.5 CR3. Where to edit Navigation Content. As it is hard to find the specific file to edit in the API Developer Portal. 

ISSUE:-

Where to edit Navigation Content, Header Content. As it is difficult to find the specific file to edit in the API Developer Portal. 

I also searched in the do cops but I couldn't find anything in it as per the requirement.

I am able to edit the navigation bar but I want to add the login and signup button on the navigation so for that we need to edit the navigation Content and the header Content.

Thank you

• 2.  Re: Need to Edit the Content in the Header and Navigation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 14, 2017 09:08 AM

Navigation (Top & Side):    /SYSTEM/conf/sitebuilder/packages/layer7/modules/Navigation/xsl/display.xsl
    Header Section (Top Login/Signup/Avatar section):    /SYSTEM/conf/sitebuilder/packages/layer7/modules/AuthenticatedUser/xsl/display.xsl

• 3.  Re: Need to Edit the Content in the Header and Navigation

Posted May 14, 2017 11:51 AM

Thank you, sir, for your assistance.

But I need an XML or an HTML file for navigation and header content so that I can edit it according to the client requirement.

Client requirement is to only have a navigation bar which should be fixed on the top and log in and signup content should be on the navigation bar located on the right side of it.

• 4.  Re: Need to Edit the Content in the Header and Navigation
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 23, 2017 05:25 PM

The Portal is very restrictive in terms of customization. In addition it is very complicated (xslt based) and not documented. These are the 2 files you need to modify for the Header and Navigation. Make backups and be very careful.

Navigation (Top & Side):    /SYSTEM/conf/sitebuilder/packages/layer7/modules/Navigation/xsl/display.xsl
    Header Section: Top Login/Signup/Avatar section    /SYSTEM/conf/sitebuilder/packages/layer7/modules/AuthenticatedUser/xsl/display.xsl