Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Portal API/Account Plan Issue

Posted Oct 25, 2016 05:37 PM

The issue occurs when editing an existing application by assigning a new API... the current plan of the newly added API shows as "Sandbox" even though that plan was removed and the only one available is Bronze.

When you save it... then go to "Edit" to view it... it does show correctly.

Just so you know that "Sandbox" is not there... the screen shot of the API Plans...

Any idea where the "Sandbox" is being referenced from?

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Portal API/Account Plan Issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2016 12:18 PM

I would be curious to see what .xml's you have referencing Account Plans. If you go into the CMS of portal and pull up this path:

/ sitebuilder/ content/ groups/ AccountPlans

How many .xmls do you see? If you open them up, do any reference sandbox?

• 3.  Re: Portal API/Account Plan Issue

Posted Oct 27, 2016 10:01 AM

In the account plans folder there is only 1 XML and it doesn't reference sandbox... BUT under the APIPlans folder there is also 1 XML file and it is called sandbox.xml.  

The original sandbox plan was renamed within the portal to Bronze.  The file name apparently doesn't get changed but the contents of the file doesn't reference sandbox.

I tried renaming the file but when I ran my test the new API's added to an existing application still showed "sandbox" until I saved it. 

• 4.  Re: Portal API/Account Plan Issue
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 31, 2016 02:28 PM

So it turns out that under /SYSTEM/template_resources/js/layer7... there is a file called "layer7.controls.js" which has "Sandbox" hard coded.

'<td width="25%">Sandbox</td>',

We were able to work around this by just moving the text from the tag.  When adding an API to an application, the current plan would then appear as empty... then when saved it would show the available api plan.