Topic Thread

Expand all | Collapse all

Attachment Policy in Data Motion

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Attachment Policy in Data Motion

Posted 10-12-2017 12:00 PM

Hi I am using a new policy in Data motion to stop users from sending any attachment in there emails, on a few desktops it works but for a few its not working.  while the policy is applied on a user.product Release: 15.0.4000.8

(CA Data Protection )..Can you guidance to please solve this issue

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Attachment Policy in Data Motion
    Best Answer

Posted 10-13-2017 09:14 AM

MoizMulla 

As this is only affecting certain users, three possibilities jump to mind.  

(1) The users are not subject to policy.

(2) The content is being exempted in certain scenarios.

(3) The client is not receiving\applying policy correctly.

I don't think that the CA Communities is the best place to work through this issue.  I would recommend that you open up a support case if you need help to get to the bottom of this issue.

Regards,

Andrew Devine

Principal Support Engineer

• 3.  Re: Attachment Policy in Data Motion

Posted 10-13-2017 12:12 PM

This is not related to users. Related to some machines. As i have tried user one machine and it is working perfectly there. While i have tried the same user on another machine and its not working there. While the policy is set in a user . Dont know exactly what is stopping these machines

• 4.  Re: Attachment Policy in Data Motion

Posted 10-13-2017 12:13 PM

While the policy number is updated on a machine

• 5.  Re: Attachment Policy in Data Motion

Posted 10-15-2017 03:31 AM

How to check policies are updated on client machine?

• 6.  Re: Attachment Policy in Data Motion

Posted 10-16-2017 04:32 AM

If you review the activity log in the %wgndatadir%\Log directory you will see the machine policy loading when the machine starts up.  You can compare the version of the machine policy recorded in log against the version reported in the machine hierarchy in the administration console (ACon)

• 7.  Re: Attachment Policy in Data Motion

Posted 10-18-2017 03:08 AM

Checked ..policy is same both on the server as well as on the machine. not sure why its not working. when i reinstall the same agent it works. although dll files are the same when i compare it with the machines which are working.

• 8.  Re: Attachment Policy in Data Motion

Posted 10-20-2017 09:19 AM

For completeness, I am just adding a note to say this issue was addressed in a support ticket.  The underlying issue was a non-GA (General Availability) fix that was applied to some desktops.  Once this was removed the client worked as expected.