Layer7 API Management

• 1.  OData without the validation assertion

Posted Oct 04, 2016 04:31 PM

I can see that the OData validation assertion supports up to OData 2.0.  My guess is that I can still consume an OData 4.0 request for as long as I bypass the validation.  Understand that I could incorporate some custom assertions to add some level of validation but may not be as inclusive as a proper assertion for OData 4.0.  So, I will like to confirm if my assumption is correct regarding consuming an OData 4.0 without the validation assertion.  I will also like to know if there is any plan to provide support for OData 4.0 validation assertion in the future.

Thanks!

Carlos

• 2.  Re: OData without the validation assertion
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 05, 2016 05:34 PM

Hi Carlos,
    Your service can accept OData messages of any version, but unfortunately the OData Validation assertion is not compatible with v3 or v4. You are correct in that you can use our assertions to do some validation, but there is currently no assertion that will validate an OData v3 or v4 request or its payload against the definitions in the service document. We will consider it for a future release, but we don’t have an ETA for it at this time.

Regards,

Jamie Williams