Layer7 API Management

• 1.  API Portal , MY SQL to be on the same server

Posted Jun 23, 2017 11:33 AM

I have done API Portal installation in POC a while ago but need some clarification. Appreciate if someone can shed light,

Does API Portal 3.5 need a MySQL database to be on the same server or MySQL can exist on a different host?

Also, what is the difference between LRS Database and LRS Data Database.

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  Re: API Portal , MY SQL to be on the same server
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 23, 2017 01:03 PM

Sam,

We only support off-boxing the Portal DB if you are using 'MySQL Cluster', which would provide high availability for the database. But if you are using our out of the box 'MySQL Enterprise' edition, we do not support off-boxing the DB. This should remain on-box.

*** Please note the difference between 'MySQL Cluster' and the clustering of multiple 'MySQL Enterprise' servers. 'MySQL Cluster' is a separate product line.

In regards to the lrs vs lrsdata: the lrs database contains things such as Applications, Orgs, Users, Keys, and more CMS information whereas lrsdata is all about the metrics/analysis of it.

I hope this helps!

-Alec Daniello

APIM Support

• 3.  Re: API Portal , MY SQL to be on the same server

Posted Jun 23, 2017 03:37 PM

Thanks Alec for the quick support. Appreciate it.

• 4.  Re: API Portal , MY SQL to be on the same server

Posted Jun 28, 2017 06:05 PM

Hello Alec, Can you please shed more clarity on this statement 'But if you are using our out of the box 'MySQL Enterprise' edition, we do not support off-boxing the DB. This should remain on-box.'

We are using software based install  , do we still get mysql enterprise edition out of box? in that case, we dont have to use our own community edition etc? I am not looking for Mysql clustering at this point.

• 5.  Re: API Portal , MY SQL to be on the same server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 29, 2017 12:01 PM

Hi Anil,

It looks like danal03 addressed this question for you in another thread: API Portal software ships with OOB Mysql? 

Regards,

Joe