Clarity

• 1.  Timesheet Auto-Approval Based on Employee Type

Posted Mar 12, 2018 05:14 PM

I am trying to create a Process that will automatically change the status of a Submitted timesheet to Approved -- but only for an Employee, not for a Contractor.

The Timesheet "object" (term used loosely, it's not in the Studio Objects) doesn't have the employee type attribute, and I can't figure out any way to join the Resource object to the Timesheet object so that I can get the employee type attribute and use it in a condition.

I'd rather not do this via a GEL script with an embedded SQL UPDATE statement.

Anybody have any ideas?  If you do, I'd love to hear them.  Thanks!

Alan Brobst

alan.brobst@ge.com

• 2.  Re: Timesheet Auto-Approval Based on Employee Type

Posted Mar 12, 2018 10:49 PM

In the Process, you can link from Timesheet to Resource where you will have access to Employee Type.

Haven't personally undertaken previously.

• 3.  Re: Timesheet Auto-Approval Based on Employee Type

Posted Mar 13, 2018 08:30 AM

Thank you, Roland.  I think I tried that once before, but I was probably doing something wrong as I couldn't expose the Resource object to the Timesheet object.  Seems fine now, so I'm making progress. -- A

• 4.  Re: Timesheet Auto-Approval Based on Employee Type

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 13, 2018 12:09 AM

Hi Alan,

This is a quick one I just created one - you might have to tweak it more and of course I haven't tested it... 

Instead of Input type code, you might have to use the attribute which has Empl and Contractor..   

Thanks,

Jerin

• 5.  Re: Timesheet Auto-Approval Based on Employee Type

Posted Mar 13, 2018 08:28 AM

Thank you!  I think I tried this some time back but I must have done something wrong, because I don't remember the Resource object being linkable to the Timesheet object.  Obviously I'm new to this, so I appreciate the feedback.  I think I can make it work now. -- Alan

• 6.  Re: Timesheet Auto-Approval Based on Employee Type
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 13, 2018 02:46 AM

Hialanbrobst ,

Jerin is correct. You can add the linked object "Resource"  to the timesheet object by checking the timesheet object and in the start conditions you will get the attributes of the Resource object as well.

Further, you can select the "PERSON TYPE" attribute and create the conditions for only the employee.

Regards

Shubham

• 7.  Re: Timesheet Auto-Approval Based on Employee Type

Posted Mar 13, 2018 08:29 AM

Thank you!  This screen shot was very helpful, as I'm a visual learner.  I think I can make it work now ... until somebody comes along and asks "But can it also ... ?" and I may be posting in this community again.  :-)

• 8.  Re: Timesheet Auto-Approval Based on Employee Type

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 13, 2018 06:51 PM

Cool!! 

Let us know how it goes.. If you were able to accomplish your task, can I request you to please mark this thread as completed for the benefit of others.    

Thanks,

Jerin