IT Process Automation

• 1.  Task visibility for Users

Posted Feb 13, 2018 10:41 PM

Hi Folks,

We have to create an admin user who can view all the task in "All Task" list except Three particular group.

Is it possible to provide the access to view the task in such way?

Apart from this that admin user can do activities on task as well (Like reply, transfer, deligate etc) 

Generally admin user will be the alternate owner for all the task except three groups.

Thanks & Regards,

EMS Team

• 2.  Re: Task visibility for Users
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 14, 2018 11:04 AM

I do not believe you can set a EEM policy up so that someone has access to all tasks except for 3 groups worth.  I am not seeing anything that specifically limits access to a subset of tasks.  You maybe able to accomplish this through the use of filtered permissions, but this would be difficult to initially build, and I am still not seeing anything that leads me to believe you could allow access to a partial list of tasks. 

You can review the EEM documentation here on building policy:

Administer Advanced CA EEM Security

And the Permissions reference here:

Permissions Reference

Thinking on how this could be accomplished, I would create a specific 'Task Admin' group of normal users, assign these 'task admin' users to that group, and assign that group to all tasks except for the "3 groups worth"

This would give these task admin group users access to all but the 3 groups of tasks you do not want them to access.   

• 3.  Re: Task visibility for Users

Posted Feb 15, 2018 05:43 AM

Thank You Michael for your reply.

I will check with your idea and will update if Task Admin Group can do the job for us.

Thanks & Regards,

Vikash Sonar