DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  How to ignore filesytem type /NA/

Posted Nov 28, 2017 02:51 AM
      |   view attached

Hi All,

I have lot of alerts with local file-system not available which are getting triggered from cdm probe. While it tried to check the file-system these are all the drives which have been fetched via auto-discovery feature of cdm. So now i have to cancel out these alerts to trigger from cdm probe.

So is there any way to cancel them out or any regex would help.

also how autodiscovery works in cdm if any pdf related would help.

Alert snapshot from nas is attached.

cdm probe v. 6.20

robot v.7.91

• 2.  Re: How to ignore filesytem type /NA/

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 28, 2017 06:18 AM

This article might help:

How to configure cdm to ignore specific filesystems, filesystem types or devices
    https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1818164.html

• 3.  Re: How to ignore filesytem type /NA/

Posted Nov 28, 2017 06:46 AM

Thanks Marco, I have already visited this link but i as per my understanding this feature is only helping me to filter the drives. 

Also if u suggest regex which i can use to filter NA filesystem file system.

• 4.  Re: How to ignore filesytem type /NA/

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 28, 2017 09:31 AM

autodiscovery of filesystems with CDM is switched on by default, and can be turned off by changing the below key with Raw config:

<fixed_default> 
    active = no 

For ignoring a specific file system type:

cdm IM Configuration - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

"Filesystem Type Filter: specifies the type of the filesystem to be monitored using regular expressions.
    If we specify RegEx as *, then all filesystems are enabled for monitoring. Or you can also specify ext* to allow monitoring of filesystems with "ext". For example ext4 or ext5.

If we specify a negative RegEx, then specified filesystems are excluded from monitoring. For example, if we do not want to monitor ext4 filesystem, use /^(?!ext4)/

If this field is blank, no filesystem is enabled for monitoring. (default)"

By default you you have this expression: /^(?!.*?(tmpfs|nfs|iso9660)).*/  

Have you tried modifying this expression by adding the filesystem type you would like to not to be monitored?

• 5.  Re: How to ignore filesytem type /NA/

Posted Nov 29, 2017 02:03 AM

Thanks Marco; It proved to be helpful. While i have applied on few servers and kept under observation.

• 6.  Re: How to ignore filesytem type /NA/

Posted Jan 23, 2018 06:01 AM

Marco_Ippati: I have prepared regular expression -   /^(?!NA)/ in filter to ignore the alerts for NA file-system but initially they worked but then again the alerts started flowing after few days of work.